What is your weather like ... today

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Well it rained again pretty good yesterday morning again. Later in afternoon I dug another hole for fence post and the moisture in the earth from rain only enough for top inch of soil, after that ground still bone dry.
Lots of trees look like they died and half eaten by caterpillars this spring. Lots of trees will have to be chopped down cause they look dead. No rain for two critical spring months and mild winter equals caterpillars from Hell!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I was framing out for another veggie garden but the heat makes me come in every half hour to cool off .New garden has sun on it already .I have to go get rebar to hold sides of landscape timbers .So all I can do is lay out the other 2 sides .I see any caterpillar best here I cut them out of the tree with the pole pruner and burn them .They have had a big problem with them here also .Killed almost every tree for 30 miles along highway 220 here .They have traps hanging in the trees but that did not work .They were out there for months taking down trees .

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I got way too many trees down here and some need to go. I am tired of all the tree mess every year and wish I had more sun for garden and pond. It's nature's way of thinning out the trees, if not for the caterpillar the trees would surely take over my yard.

The city says they are going to spray BTK on some hard hit areas. Hope they don't spray around here cause even though BTK a more environmentally friendly choice, it is still bad for pond and their is a warning on the label to keep away from ponds, lakes and streams...

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We are muggy and hot, keep saying we might get some rain, so far none. Just a tiny sprinkle hits. Yes WARM! geez we are having July temperatures

We hit 92 pond hit 81

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Too bad our weather banners don't show humidity.
It makes such a big difference.

Humid and no kidding what a difference.

We are "cooling" off down to mid 70s that will be nice. next week for a few days.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
same here heading to 89 today and humid, 69 right now then boom heat!, how hot is July going to be? and we are so darn dry

Ask a Question