What is your weather like ... today

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
My baby Rio goes limp when I pick her up, like a Cat! She just lays on my arms like a baby!

It's just a beautiful morning today, birds are singing and sky is blue. Going to make fresh coffee and sit by the pond!

Last edited:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
peewee is better vet put him on some vitamins and took some blood to see what is wrong .Hot and no rain yet .I planted all of my plants and now waiting for the snow in winter in white and pink to get big enough to plant .

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Well that is positive news, so glad to hear little Pee wee is feeling better Sissy. :)

Sitting outside in my Gazebo, temperature nice this evening. I don't feel any cool chill so that is nice, but some things bitting me tonight. I am not supposed to have outdoor fire cause of some fire ban... I might just create a little bit of smoke to keep bugs away.
We had only a very few drops of rain this afternoon, not even enough to hold dust down, but enough to make more bugs!!

Then it sounds like rain falling on gazebo roof, but it is really caterpillars dung dropping from tree above. Then I see that little caterpillars dung on this white container next to my wine glass... better drink fast!!!!

At least my ponds look good tonight.

Last edited:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
It is cloudy and cooler which is great I have to go to home depot yet and lowes and then the garden center

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Got a chance to work on the pond all day Saturday, I got a lovely box of goodies to plant. Sunday was busy with race day and such so I was gone but I got up this morning and
Then....All
Hell
Broke
Loose
We have had torrential rain and thunder and lightening going on since last night. I had creatures piled up on my in the bed since my poor fathead dog gets wiggy with storms. I put his wooby blanket in the bathroom when I left for work today since that's where he hangs out during storms. I always feel terrible leaving him in this weather since he just shakes and drools.
The cat sits on the toilet above him and stares disdainfully down at him.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Awe!! Poor creatures! My fat Poppy needs much comfort as well during storms and she too hides out in the bathroom during big storms, or better yet, if I leave the basement door open she flees down the steep basement steps to the safety of the basement with the cold hard cement floor!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Waiting for blood tests but at least he looks better .Doctor thought it could be a cold and maybe allergies from all the dry grass .So he is only going out to pee and not outside when anyone is mowing .He has a lot of congestion .I guess there are not only dogs who don't like storms ,I am one give me rain and keep the thunder and lightening .Thanks every one for thinking of my pee wee .We have dark clouds rolling in but no rain so far and truck is unloaded so it can rain now

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Glad to hear he is ok. Our missy suffers from allergies.

Waiting for the rain hey said we would get, I did see 5 rain drops..............now sunny again.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Thought you would get some rain Addy. Radar showed it coming your way. Doesn't look like we will get anything, I watered yesterday and everything is dried out already!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Sister broke her arm yesterday .She was out for the 2 days with hubby on his Indian motorcycle an she tripped and fell on loose stone by the place they stopped to eat at .oh well lucky she is not .

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
A few days late, BUT... at sunrise on saturday the thermometer showed -2 C! Severe frost, and there was a quarter inch of ICE in the bird bath by the front door. Glad I brought the water hyacinths in the night before, as well as the tub of lotus. Busy day at the garden center, what with LOTS of people replacing tomatoes, cabbages, all kinds of tender plants! Guess they thought the weatherman didn't know what he was talking about.
John

Ask a Question