addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We are under flash flood watch, left overs from the tropical storm that hit texas is coming to us today and tonight

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
first wave
storm.JPG

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
No kidding we have had 6.25 inches in the month of june, 15.20 for the entire year.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lol my weeds were dying in April/May now growing like crazy

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
13.6" here since June 6!!!! I have not mowed since got home on June 10. Have had rain every day for the last 8 days, yesterday finally had no rain during the day, although it rained during the night. Yep, we have had more than enough. Ponds are both overflowing nicely, though, so no worries about that. I was in UT during the 5.5" rain we got two weekends ago, but here for the ongoing onslaught since. Storms last night, again this afternoon, then looks like MAYBE two days of no rain. Hopefully I'll be able to mow Tues evening ... hopefully. Water standing in areas of my yard, and right now, there would be muddy tracks from the mower if I tried to mow as wet as it is. I'll just be patient, and probably mow couple of days in a row ... well if I get couple days of dry weather in a row. LOL I sure hate what is happening to the crops around here. They replanted the corn all around my house, and turns out that was a wrong decision. First crop had cool wet weather, but looked good to me! What do I know ... replant is free seed, so they did it. Then got rain and more RAIN. Looks awful, and no way they can get in there and replant beans now. Will be a week of no rain dry weather before farmers can even dream of getting back in the fields.
I hope everyone that needed rain got some, and those that didn't, are getting some relief!

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
We could use more rain here. Lots of Trees are still looking yellow and brown and shaby. My grass and vine never looked better, sprinkled lots of fertilizer a couple of weeks ago on everything. Flowers are growing really nice now, big old koi were really hungry tonight, just starved and biting fingers quite hard!
Stained fence and pond box and worked hard on yard. Never Done!!!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Sad day at my pond .My hubby and I were enjoying our pond last night when a very large toad grabbed my fantail popeye and ate him .We searched for hours .Well I stayed up until 3 am and caught 3 toads that were huge and a bunch of frogs .The frogs went to people here with a pond to cut down on mosquito's at there new home with a natural pond and the toads went to a creek 10 miles from my home .You don't know how much I wanted to smash those toads to death .Now poor olive oil is all alone( I will have to find another popeye,size matters ) .I guess the little guy was to slow .I searched the pond with a LED light that shown to the bottom of the pond and even searched the lotus lily pond for more .The search will continue tonight just in case i did not get him .I just came in after searching again ,but nothing

Ask a Question