sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Well I just came up from by the pond and saw 1 more but could not catch it .it is hot out.I will have to get this one soon .I have seen them before but my fantails are pretty big and he still swallowed it .So banish it while you still have all your fish .popeye barely fit in my hand any more to get his belly rub so he was not small .He was about 8 inch's long also and fat

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
So I got this gem of an email.
A Heat Advisory has been issued for our area this afternoon as heat indices are expected to reach 105-110 degrees. Scattered thunderstorms are expected to develop again this afternoon. Isolated severe storms will be possible with damaging winds and hail up to the size of quarters.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Just got back from a couple nights camping. There were strong storms both at the campsite and at home. Got home and found a huge branch from my willow tree had fallen. By huge, I mean the branch is the size of an average full grown tree. This is the 3rd time an enormous branch has fallen off in the past 5 years, plus two more that were taken down a few years ago because they would've destroyed the neighbors garage. Anyway, no damage done, except for the damage caused by rabbits. They were eating some of my plants while I was gone..

As far as camping, I'll add photos to the nature & wildlife thread once I start looking through them all. Right now I'm just exhausted from cleaning up the tree!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I just took the dogs out and thermometer says 104 and it is in the shade and just went out front and that one says 101

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Holy cow, heat wave, and hail and thunderstorms to the east and south, sounds like! I'm super glad we have had a couple of days with no rain ... well .3" and .1" doesn't count here anymore. LOL When it was coming down in inches at a time, I don't care about the quarter inch rains and less. Hoping to be able to mow my yard tomorrow after work, and not leave mud marks from my lawn mower tires. It will be 12 days since I mowed tomorrow night, and I usually mow at least every week, if not every 5 days! So, will mow tomorrow, then again on the weekend, and hope to get it shaped back up.
Temps here only in the 80's but humidity is high. Tomorrow night we are going down to the 60's, that's a temperature I've not seen for well over a week as well! Love it!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
58 at home! Yeah! 72 here Yeah! at least it won't be 100 which it was yesterday. Bad storms moved through, but luckily we only got rain and some winds, our hills saved our house again, diverted the worse of the storm. The dc area lost trees, houses, roofs

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Highs in the 80's today with SUPER LOW humidity! Crazy storms blew through last night that sucked all the stickiness out of the air. If ever there was a day to play hooky, it's today, lol!

Ask a Question