addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Wish you all would get some rain. Years ago my late hubby and I had a neat log cabin up in colorado, that we built. 8000 feet in a mountain valley. Well hubby decided he did not want to have it anymore. We put it on the market a wildfire started by a blown tire, burned within 100 feet of our house. Well mudslides, dead trees, etc two years later the house finally sold for a big drop in price.

Wild Fires are horrible. The poor animals, birds, people everything suffers.

We have had one beautiful week of cool weather, 90's coming back.

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
It's been wonderfully cool here as well. I've been wearing a sweater in the early morning for coffee. I'm not looking forward to cold but not terribly upset at the end of the hot sticky summer. I'm just trying to be grateful everyday.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
had a little party outside last night in my gazebo, with hubby and my friend and her kid. We had a good time last night and the wine went down good and the smoke was not too bad last night. Hubby had good time, nice warm night and lots of good music and homemade wine.
20150827_164202.jpg
20150827_203357.jpg
my best friend since we were toddlers
20150827_164226.jpg

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I love to have glass of wine by pond before bed. I love to have friends over for wine. What's life without wine and good friends! :)

Above normal temperatures here, right now at 130 pm it's still warm at almost 80 degrees. Smoke still hangs all over the city and we have lots of air quality warming due to the thick smoke...

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Beautiful here at the ocean, 80 low humidity, nice breeze.
Went fishing, kept catching turtles. They swim over to the bobber as soon as it hit the water, dive down and eat the snack, which was shrimp.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Just got off work, worked to death again! Going to blow of stream and have a glass of wine by ponds, unwind after a hard day of physical labor. People at work tell me I am very strong, and I see very weak people everywhere.... I can unload 4 huge pellets of heavy frozen bread dough and stuff, faster than anyone else I know that works there.
Ran into good friend while working, have not seen her for ages, she my age but looks terrible. Can't believe how many people I know who can't work cause they are sickly or weak. Thankfull that I can work so hard still at almost 50!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
hot again and getting caught up already 10:45 and it is 83 degrees .My son posted new video on you tube for me because i had no time to do it

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I put iy in my showcase but all my video's on you tube are under sissys pond
I scored at walmart got a swing for 75 dollars and 4 chairs and a table in a conversation group set for 125 dollars .The swing is burgandy and seating is grey

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
We've been cool lately, 60°s and 70°s but now we're getting back to summer weather. High 80°s and low 90°s for the next week, and supposed to be humid every day, too.

We're getting smoke from the Washington wildfires so our sun has looked different lately. Here's early yesterday evening.
IMG_3690 copy.jpg

and tonight shortly before sunset.
IMG_3734 copy.jpg

and one from this morning. This one looks more dramatic because we had a thick layer of fog this morning.
IMG_3702 copy.jpg

Earlier this month we were getting smoke from the Canada wildfires, too.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Wow Sissy! I did not know you grew your bananas in the pond too! Everything looks really awesome and very tropical with your huge bananas!

JB those were awesome shots of the sky with the red sun. We had that smoke for weeks and with it came hot dry air. Now the skies are finally clear of smoke here.

This morning right now it's about 70 degrees. Things are cooling off now and hot dry air is gone for now.

Ask a Question