sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Banana babies waiting for new homes .They need to sit in tote for 2 weeks with miracle grow to strengthen there roots .I just gave some away to a ponder here and these are cold hardy bananas .one that was in my filter .These are only 2 years old and there stalks are huge

Attachments

• pond lose or plants 2015 040.JPG
    pond lose or plants 2015 040.JPG
    204.5 KB · Views: 118
  • pond lose or plants 2015 010.JPG
    pond lose or plants 2015 010.JPG
    249.9 KB · Views: 123
  • lotus start and banana plants 2015 004.JPG
    lotus start and banana plants 2015 004.JPG
    162.6 KB · Views: 116
  • lotus start and banana plants 2015 012.JPG
    lotus start and banana plants 2015 012.JPG
    155.5 KB · Views: 108
  • lotus start and banana plants 2015 010.JPG
    lotus start and banana plants 2015 010.JPG
    140.1 KB · Views: 87
  • lotus start and banana plants 2015 012.JPG
    lotus start and banana plants 2015 012.JPG
    155.5 KB · Views: 90
  • lotus start and banana plants 2015 024.JPG
    lotus start and banana plants 2015 024.JPG
    138.2 KB · Views: 131
  • lotus start and banana plants 2015 033.JPG
    lotus start and banana plants 2015 033.JPG
    253.6 KB · Views: 98
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Yes, I was just kidding.;)
I know what you mean though. My favorite times of the year are the first frost, first snow and first bit of green in the spring.
I could do without summer. Too hot to get things done.:whistle: All I wind up doing is having a beer on the deck.:LOL:

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Yes, I was just kidding.;)
I know what you mean though. My favorite times of the year are the first frost, first snow and first bit of green in the spring.
I could do without summer. Too hot to get things done.:whistle: All I wind up doing is having a beer on the deck.:LOL:
Figured you were.... Alas, we don't really have seasons here, or at least where I am. Just variations in the temp. and/or humidity. Well, it does get VERY hot and things dry up, the leaves do eventually turn and fall, the grass does go dormant, and new leaves and flowers do pop out once a year. Are those "seasons"?

Hubby and I (and Son, before he got too old to hang and vacation with Mom & Dad -- yes @tbendl, sadly it will happen, but not sure if it's as drastic with girls as with boys....maybe not) take a yearly ski trip to Colorado or Utah. That's usually enough snow to satisfy our needs, though we do wish we could do it more than once a year. Skiing is getting so darn expensive!

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
82°F today, sunny, a light breeze. Really comfortable.

I sense Autumn in the air, though. It's good and bad. I love September and October. They're two of my favorite months. At the same time, I can never properly enjoy them because I know winter is right after that. I also hate seeing my plants begin to die off for the year, knowing they won't return for another 6 months, or longer.

Still, there is something special about early Fall. The smell of fires. The smell of apples. The reds, oranges, yellows, and browns of leaves. The cool mornings and warm afternoons. I can't forget my annual trip to hike my favorite trail and making a stop to get my favorite apple pie in October. Hiking is best in autumn. There's not even a close second. I'm looking forward to it all.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Montana, Idaho, and Washington are burning up! The smoke is so bad! When you look at the sky the sun is red and you can't see the mountains.:(

We're getting that smoke here, too.
Visability is down to about 1/4 mile.

The air quality index is at rating 11 out of 11.
Lots of warnings for people to stay indoors with doors and windows closed.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Been feeling a little like fall here this week. We got down to 48 one night. But we are having another heat wave next week in the 90's. I am not ready for winter and although I love fall and all the colors I just hate covering my pond and putting it to bed for the winter!
Bummer Mitch you are seeing snow already! Maybe you are ready for it but I certainly am not. :)

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Smoked out here in southern Alberta this early morning. The smoke has been hanging around for so many days now, that I never get to see the sun and it always looks cloudy or hazy, but that is just the dense smoke. So far the smoke was not bothering me to much until this morning, now I find it harder to breathe. Hopefully it will lift a little this morning so I can get outside and cut the grass.

Got lots of Halloween stuff up in my gazebo yesterday.

Ask a Question