What is your weather like ... today

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a/5b
It has begun.
View attachment 87858

As you know and probably agree, sometimes the lake is my friend, sometimes it's my enemy.
Yup. Right now it's kinda-sorta my friend... Hubs is driving home through Wisconsin (he's on 94 close to Milwaukee about to head south), and the snow is actually *less* intense closer to the lake than it is inland right now. It's a mess out towards Beloit and south of there...

I posted this elsewhere, but why not share it here... And that was over an hour ago and it's still coming down pretty hard.

IMG_3172.JPG

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
There's about 5" or 6" on the birdhouse next to my window, but the ground only has about 4". Maybe the warmth of the ground melted some of it. We've got about 5 more hours of snow so we'll see how much more we get. Towns not too far from here have over a foot of snow.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
The snow's finally slowing down. It's only the second time since record keeping began that we've gotten this much snow in November. Some areas easily beat the previous record.

abfed.png

It's so odd how weather works. We were having one of the warmest Autumns I remember, not much bad weather at all. Plus El Niño is expected to keep us drier this Winter, and here we have a record snowfall before December.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a/5b
O'Hare got 11.5". We are just south of there...it sure doesn't look like that much, but it is very heavy snow. It didn't even look that bad until the lake effect bands hit around noon. Hoping this is just an oddball storm and not a sign of things to come (though El Niño should keep things mild.)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
80 here, sitting in the high 50-60 at home, everything still green and growing.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
No white stuff here in the valley.

That is bunch of snow, pretty white blanket

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
About 6" here and down to single digit temps. Slow warm up for the coming week. Might hit 50 on Thanksgiving but rain expected.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
See that "8-10" band up there in JB's map? I live in that zone - we got 15 inches of snow. Hopefully it'll be gone by mid-week.

I'm right along the line of 8"-10" and 6"-8", though I'd say 6" is probably about what we got. The snow was really wet/heavy though, might as well have been 10"

Ask a Question