sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
did any one see this old house today with the prebuilt plunge pool .It was built in a concrete factory and delivered to the sight

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Driving kids around, one is headed for a creepy haunted house. @sissy what episode was that I wonder, I have not seen it but would definitely like to.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I worked, came home to kitty cuddles, napped till sunset when I woke thinking I was late for work, and now more kitty cuddles! 2 of the three littlest ones are going to my mom. She has yappy dogs, and needs the joy of a kitty. They’ll get to grow up with her dogs and be mousers! So the black and white one is Oreo, she stays. Binx the black one and their brother a very cute poly paw grey will go to convert my mom to crazy cat lady!

Attachments

• AD3B6844-E604-474C-A1E6-28F00415D3D2.jpeg
    AD3B6844-E604-474C-A1E6-28F00415D3D2.jpeg
    182.5 KB · Views: 93
  • 3A616856-5696-43E8-9F58-9CDAE5A1A38A.jpeg
    3A616856-5696-43E8-9F58-9CDAE5A1A38A.jpeg
    104 KB · Views: 136
  • AD6BEAE6-BFCE-494E-8ED1-50499AE28249.jpeg
    AD6BEAE6-BFCE-494E-8ED1-50499AE28249.jpeg
    137.1 KB · Views: 99
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
Country
United States
Resting. Got the results from MRI of my knee, saw the Orthopaedic doc, got more x-rays, and found out I have two tears in the meniscus. We discussed options and he ruled out replacement surgery because I am to old. Anyway, I decided to find a second opinion since he wanted to do a surgical procedure to remove the tears and said it may or may not improve the pain. On the bright side, one of the neighbor boys, who helps with the yard, will be assisting my wife with finishing my pond. We hope to start later this week. While waiting for my knee to feel better, I have redesigned my pond some so I will have a bigger bog. Saw the post on all the irises available and decided I needed more bog area for all the ones I would like. I am so excited to a least get the liner in the pond and water flowing. Will seek guidance on how to cycle the pond with no fish and winter coming. It really doesn’t get cold for long periods here so wondering if some plants might get established over the winter.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
@MajorDan - my mom had meniscus tear injuries in both knees. Had both tears removed and she's done great both times. She was up walking by the next day and no pain. I know everyones's experience is different, but thought it might be reassuring to hear a positive outcome!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@MajorDan Hope you can get some kind of help for your knee. Have you discussed w/your doctor about Stem Cell therapy? If I ever get any issues I will hope I qualify for it instead of surgery.Scroll down in this link to read all about it. Age is not an issue as the procedure is not hard on your body as surgery is. https://www.regenexx.com/the-regenexx-procedures/knee-surgery-alternative/
This stuff is the latest and greatest treatment on the horizon. Right now insurance won't cover it but they say it will in years to come. It will cost thousands of dollars now w/o insurance but I figure if a person can spend that kind of money on a car or a vacation why wouldn't they consider their body worth it? There are doctors all over that do this now but you need to be careful which clinic you use as it's best to use your own stem cells. This country will not let our stem cells be grown which is the best kind of treatment to get so we are limited but other countries are doing this and making great strides. Can't remember which tropical island place is doing this and getting great results but I know a doctor who went there for a full body stem cell treatment as he had all kinds of injuries from the Vietnam war. He just had it done recently and I haven't heard how it went. Anyway the research on this treatment is going gung ho now! We have a doctor not too far away from us that does this and gets great results. He will not treat just anyone tho, only those who qualify after going through exams as some conditions won't work and of course w/stem cell therapy being so new there are no guarantees. Check up on it as it is quite interesting to say the least!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Resting. Got the results from MRI of my knee, saw the Orthopaedic doc, got more x-rays, and found out I have two tears in the meniscus. We discussed options and he ruled out replacement surgery because I am to old. Anyway, I decided to find a second opinion since he wanted to do a surgical procedure to remove the tears and said it may or may not improve the pain. On the bright side, one of the neighbor boys, who helps with the yard, will be assisting my wife with finishing my pond. We hope to start later this week. While waiting for my knee to feel better, I have redesigned my pond some so I will have a bigger bog. Saw the post on all the irises available and decided I needed more bog area for all the ones I would like. I am so excited to a least get the liner in the pond and water flowing. Will seek guidance on how to cycle the pond with no fish and winter coming. It really doesn’t get cold for long periods here so wondering if some plants might get established over the winter.
My mom had tears in one of her knees and dr suggested surgery but warned her she could end up with a permanent limp and scar tissues swelling and pain, so she chose physical therapy instead
She saved herself money and even though it took several months she is now completely healed.
I hope you recover fast , and good luck on finishing your pond, we're on the same boat there

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I’ll be hiking out across muddy fields to get to work. My road is gone. One of the big field sprayers came across, it bumped along while dad watched, which shows the road is gone. Road to the south is under several feet of water.
That means I’ll need a ride to Tulsa Friday morning, I’m already trying to make arrangements for that, and to get to work and home each day.

Attachments

• 0B89A0C1-EA65-420E-B0AC-A40C7F79B173.jpeg
    0B89A0C1-EA65-420E-B0AC-A40C7F79B173.jpeg
    172 KB · Views: 122
  • B8343214-2B81-4555-A902-4692E56E057C.jpeg
    B8343214-2B81-4555-A902-4692E56E057C.jpeg
    124.9 KB · Views: 121
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
County will fix it once it dries out. So next week? Expect the river will jump the banks, probably tomorrow. I walked across the neighbors field to get to paved road so my boss could pick me up for work, then back again in the dark to get home, only this time the path I went out on was knee deep in places. Forecast says rain most of tonight and tomorrow. Tomorrow I’ll just hike out in shorts and take work clothes with me!

Attachments

• 6DA48930-B929-429A-AEB5-FEEDD513E14D.jpeg
    6DA48930-B929-429A-AEB5-FEEDD513E14D.jpeg
    204 KB · Views: 100

Ask a Question