Whatcha doing today?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Wow at @j.w thanks for taking the trouble, I've gotta say they look great. It looks like you have another small pond as well. I tell ya if the post wasn't so expensive I'd mail you some handsome New England rocks from the bay.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Thanks @Tara I just have a small pond that I keep some Duckweed growing to toss to the fish once in awhile for a tasty treat.

I'll just stop by your place to pick up rocks after I ride by @Gemma's on my bike,lol!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I'll need more than a kettle! I'll need ice packs, heating pad, pain meds, etc.
upload_2018-10-21_16-36-59.gif

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
View attachment 116801 Baked mini cupcakes today to send to work with hubby tomorrow. Caramel apple filled spice cake and pumpkin spice dulce de leche filled spice.
I can almost smell them!
smlicklips.gif

I had to continue my rocks on a new post cuz they only allow 20 photos on a post.

I put them around my pond pathway:
View attachment 116836
Put them around back deck garden:
View attachment 116838
and around the sides:
View attachment 116839

And here are the ones I still need to put around somewhere. A pile where the cat is and to the left by the chair are an orange bucket full and a black one full and some to the left of the base of the tree:
View attachment 116840

Thanks for sharing what you're doing with all the rocks @j.w
smbravo.gif
smthumbsup.gif

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Changed over my koi pool pumps from a 13,000 lph to a 9000 lph. Don't need to have so much water passing through the filter at this time of the year. The actual rate is lower, as the head height is about six feet.
You leave your filter in for winter, I'm considering letting mine run all winter, but unsure if the filter pad would freeze. Has his ever been an issue for you.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Worked inside today, refinished a table for my winter tank, kids came home and put their stuff on it. I guess the paintbrush and newspaper all over the floor did not tip them of. Oh well I know what ill be doing tomorrow.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I had a nice visit w/my sister at the park today. Got over 60 and was so sunny and nice!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Here is neighbours sump pump, also has some smaller hoses buried about a foot down. Water pumps to the bottom of my driveway, not normally a problem except in winter if it freezes. My driveway is on a slant to the road. So today I am taking measurements and sending it back over the fence.
20181024_105225.jpg
20181024_105245.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Thanks @addy1 ,normally things like this wouldn't bother me, however driveways are not cheap, and ice at the end of driveway in winter after overnight rain is no joke.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Make sure you take over view pictures showing exactly where it is before you touch it. That way if he raises a stink you can show that it is putting his water on your property. Also causing a dangerous situation for you during the winter.

Pictures tell a lot.

I would also do it when he is not around, might not even notice.......................but in the way you explain him, he probably will.

Ask a Question