j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Much luck @Tara and be ready for a war! Or maybe he will just undo whatever you do and put it back the way he had it................who knows what some crazies will do!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Thanks @j.w I was thinking today I may wait a bit, have some bad weather on the way so I am going to take pictures and videos as addy said, that way I have some documentation. The crazy thing is I don't like doing this, but at the same time I don't like been taken advantage off, or my neighbor been unwilling to compromise which I am willing to do.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I'm sitting here wondering.... how can time move so freaking slow every day, yet the months are flying by? How can that be?
smtapfingers.gif

I'm bored! We need a game to play...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Sanding and painting, wishing for better weather, wishing I did not have to paint, and that I could resist the baked goodies sitting on my kitchen counter.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I'm sitting here wondering.... how can time move so freaking slow every day, yet the months are flying by? How can that be? View attachment 117119

I'm bored! We need a game to play...
I hear you, it's housework that does me in, every so often like when the seasons change it happens. The same things start to happen every day, the bus comes and you have to hustle the kids out, clean up after breakfast then comes vacuuming or laundry, never mind the junk mail that somehow gets attached to every surface, the clutter piles that somehow pop up wherever a kid has been sitting, before I know it it can get quiet monotonous.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Sanding and painting, wishing for better weather, wishing I did not have to paint, and that I could resist the baked goodies sitting on my kitchen counter.
We already know you ate all the cookies and blamed your son for bringing them home!;)
I love painting if I like the color I'm using!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I hear you, it's housework that does me in, every so often like when the seasons change it happens. The same things start to happen every day, the bus comes and you have to hustle the kids out, clean up after breakfast then comes vacuuming or laundry, never mind the junk mail that somehow gets attached to every surface, the clutter piles that somehow pop up wherever a kid has been sitting, before I know it it can get quiet monotonous.
I love doing housework with my Pandora at full volume! Loud music makes all the difference for me!

From Spring till early Fall I'm too busy with plants and outdoor projects and I hardly have time to keep up with the board, but now that the outdoor work is done, I'd have plenty of time, I'd like to post but the board is slowing down or standing still so I don't know what to do with myself when I'm not working

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We are going to be 70f today, 36f right now. Pulling the big pump today. Shutting down the pond.

I log in and check our cams when we are gone about every other day or so. On Friday I logged in and saw a foot drop in the water level of the big pond.

I called a neighbor and they came over and turned off the feed to the three small ponds and the 1000 gallon pond on Friday. I was able to watch them walk around and point them to where to turn off. Since I had no clue what was causing the water drop, I had them turn on the hose and it took around 4 hours to add back the water.

Kept a eye on the pond until we got back via the cams. It did not drop a bit.

Yesterday finally got down to work on the ponds, shut them down, found the leak. The first small pond in the loop was down by a foot. I added back water, it dropped that foot in about 1/2 a hour. So the leak is huge. I pulled the few fish that managed to get into that pond, pulled the lilies, got the tads out and will worry about it in the spring. Just going to buy a new liner, but not epdm this time. Will get a piece of the ppl36 which survives deer hooves better. The deer are constantly eating the lily pads knocking rocks down.

First ever leak in the ponds. Guess had to happen at some time.

A quick look did not show any tear or hole, but it is there. The arrow shows the leaking pond.
s5.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
That's too bad @addy1, but at least knowing about the leak now prevents it from been a last minute surprise next spring. One of my biggest fears for my pond is deer, as they visit the yards here a lot in winter. @Gemma a lot of music for me doing housework also, I think when summer ends and the kids are in school it's that the repeat performance each day that gives me a sense of boredom some days, even though I have a ton of different things to do. Today I have an extra trap to set, so hopefully I will manage to catch our elusive squirrel, this time the trap is going on the roof of the house so who knows, maybe tomorrow he will be going for a drive around six miles from here, his new home will have scenic views of the ocean.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I love painting if I like the color I'm using!
I like the colors I'm useing, I also like painting and how a room looks when it's all fresh looking. This year I'm ready to finish up though as I have painted my sons play house, the deck, the garage and trim, a bedroom, kitchen, hallway and stairs, bathroom, dining room and the backside of the house which is not finished. We had smoke damage plus storm damage so it had to get done, I'm so ready to move on to new projects.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
One of my biggest fears for my pond is deer
My big pond I used the ppl36 (bend tarp and liner in Oregon) Last year a deer went under the net, at night, to munch on the lilies. That deer could not figure out if she backed up she would be free of the net. (I now have it anchored lower to the ground) She went forward into the pond, fought the net driving her hooves into the pond liner, bolted across the pond (low end) fought the net on the far side bucking digging, managed to get out climbing the small bog wall. She visited around 2am.

I saw all this our cams. I watched the recordings to figure out what happened due to the yanked out of their pots lilies, the plants trampled, the net torn.

I figure if there ever was going to be damage to the liner that deer's hooves would do it. Nope no damage no leak ................. whew.................. The liner I used is darn tough.

The deer walk the stream in the winter eating the plants, they have never caused a leak.

I might take a look again see if I can figure out what is causing this little pond leak. It is a piece of epdm. The tear, hole must be large it leaks out fast.

I just looked it stopped at a foot down. Maybe, if I have time, I will try again to find the issue. OW spring is a good time. I need to order a piece of liner from them.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Good thing you were monitoring using the cameras! They do come in handy.
We wander around a lot, it makes it easier to leave with the ponds , yard, bees, driveway all monitored.

I caught another issue years ago a leaf blocked the outlet in the lotus tub = a over flow leak. A different neighbor walked around the ponds with me directing her via the cams. She found and fixed. This was during one of our extended trips. Now fixed with screening blocking anything from blocking the outflow. I had dialed in 24 hours after we left and the pond was down in level.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Best of luck finding it, as I would not even know where to start. I was shocked this summer, I have some of the nicest neighbors you can get on one side, and this late summer they arrived in my yard pushing a large box on a dolly. It's a 15x10 EDPM liner, said they were going to build a pond and never got round to it and changed their minds, so figured I might use it. Told me to hang tight as they have equipment for it somewhere in the basement. Part of me what's to keep it for an emergency, but I'm thinking of a smaller second pond just in case something goes wrong with my big pond, as this liner is mush too small to cover the pond I have. I can't imagine a leak with my fish in there.

Ask a Question