addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
When I say getting nails done I mean acrylic nails.
I have never tried them. When I worked we were not allowed to have them, not allowed to have nails longer than the top of your finger. Patient contact.
Now the bees, yard and ponds don't care what my nails look like. They are actually really strong. I take strontium every day. Good for the bones also.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have never tried them. When I worked we were not allowed to have them, not allowed to have nails longer than the top of your finger. Patient contact.
Now the bees, yard and ponds don't care what my nails look like. They are actually really strong. I take strontium every day. Good for the bones also.

I've never heard of strontium, I'll have to look it up. My natural nails have always been thin and if I let them grow at all they sometimes will bend backward (if I catch it on something) and hurt like heck. The acrylics are strong and I wear them short. Too hard to type or clean with long nails.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
That sounds like fun! Take pics to share with us?:)
fullsizeoutput_2266.jpeg
Took this picture of hubby with our two newfoundlands, walking through a meadow :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
View attachment 118210 Took this picture of hubby with our two newfoundlands, walking through a meadow :)
How is it possible that I've been on here this long and didn't know you have one of my favorite dog breed?
I love those huge dogs!
Thanks for sharing your walk, wish I was there! :)

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Nothing going on today, so I've been busy exploring the world of Red Dead Redemption II. I've become addicted to this stunning game.

This morning, I was fishing in a river, caught a few fish, then I rode my horse out east and grabbed a trailer full of lumber for a house that was being built in a nearby town, and I grabbed this photo just before sunset before heading back to camp. :LOL:

rdr.jpg

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My nails used to break all of the time. Since I have been taking strontinum. They have become tough. Been using a few years now.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
How is it possible that I've been on here this long and didn't know you have one of my favorite dog breed?
I love those huge dogs!
Thanks for sharing your walk, wish I was there! :)
We had three newfoundlands, but lost our sweet Olive Dec. 2, 2018....she was 12 1/2. They are such a wonderful breed of dog...not for everyone due to their size, coat maintenance and drooling, but so lovable :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
We had three newfoundlands, but lost our sweet Olive Dec. 2, 2018....she was 12 1/2. They are such a wonderful breed of dog...not for everyone due to their size, coat maintenance and drooling, but so lovable :)
Sorry you lost your dog!:(
There was a Newfoundlander laying on the floor of I store I used to go to, same color as yours, I couldn't even tell wish side was the head...never moved so much as a hair
smlaughing4.gif

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Well our life just changed again..................just got a phone call from a neighbor, another renter died, this time in the condo, down in Florida. The police are currently there. Older gentleman, he has been slipping. We did not want another full rehab this year.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Well our life just changed again..................just got a phone call from a neighbor, another renter died, this time in the condo, down in Florida. The police are currently there. Older gentleman, he has been slipping. We did not want another full rehab this year.

Oh no hope it is not too much in need of work this time. You guys don't get much break time.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Oh no hope it is not too much in need of work this time. You guys don't get much break time.

He has been deceased for around three days a neighbor went into check on him today.

It needs a lot of work. We redid the kitchen two years ago. Had to fight the tenant for access, it really needed work. He had some issues thought since we were fixing it we were evicting him.

He was a plumber put a screw through a copper pipe flooded the floor, the laminate is history. He tried to fix the bathtub, it needs replaced. The whole place needs paint, flooring, lights fixed, screen on the screen porch replaced on and on.

Total rehab, except the kitchen, if it still looks good. We will probably pull the counter top and put in some granite.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@addy1 Oh boy another big project ahead for you two! The kitchen looked so nice after you fixed it up. Hope it still is nice.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Oh no @addy1 ! If it ain't one thing, it's another.

Sitting here, drinking my coffee, dreaming of spring. We've been lucky so far with this mild winter weather. Not sure how much longer it can last, but I'll take it! Snow to the south of us today and tomorrow, but looks like we'll miss this one.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
well snow and ice headed our way but by tuesday back up to 50's .Was going to go to the flea market to buy fleas but not taking the chance since it is supposed to be icy rain to start with .You can drive on snow but not ice and on these back roads I would not chance it at all .Some of them you barely have 2 lanes to drive on .I would call them 1 1/2 lane roads and have to get on the dirt shoulder and some are ditch's for water run off .OH these rural roads .:(

Ask a Question