sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
addy I know you have put lots of vinyl plank floating floors in ,which is the easiest brand to put in that you have seen so far that holds up .

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
addy I know you have put lots of vinyl plank floating floors in ,which is the easiest brand to put in that you have seen so far that holds up .
We caught one of those email sales at home depot, one day only, on the vinyl flooring. It was 7mm thick. I just looked don't see what we bought. Picked it up at around 1.79 per sq ft.
Home decorators brand. It installed very nicely

Then we picked up a sale at lumber liquidators, .99 cents a sq, also installed easily. They don't have it any more.

This stuff we put on the top floor was a pita, also on sale, too skinny, seams separated too easily. Looks nice, but never again. It was around 4mm. Home depot, on sale around 1.39 per sq.

I need to find the paper work to figure out the brand names.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The light gray flooring was home decorators, 4.2 mm, way to thin. Found a picture I could read the label off the box.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
@sissy I was wrong about the thickness.
Both of these were home depot.

light gray. Very flexible, seams separate real easily. Would never use again.
Barrel Wood Light 6 in. x 48 in. Luxury Vinyl Plank Flooring (19.39 sq. ft. / case)

• Gray Natural Oak finish
  • 4.2 mm thickness x 6 in. width x 48 in. length

The living room flooring, stiffer, clicked together well, held up to us hauling stuff across the floor, sliding dry wall, stacks of wood.
Worldly Oak 7.5 in. x 47.6 in. Luxury Vinyl Plank Flooring (24.74 sq. ft. / case)

• Worldly Oak color finish offers the natural look of real wood plank flooring
  • 4 mm thickness x 7.5 in. width x 47.6 in. length

Both home decorators brand. No backing, we were installing over the old flooring. The original floor is so uneven not worth taking up the old laminate.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I know they all tell you not to install a floating floor over a floating floor .I was looking at cali brand but rather it be made in the U.S.A. and only floors to your home has some that are made here .I do want backing but want to install it over the cali underlayement because I was impressed by the inslation it added .I looked at the wool underlayment also .I was told the spring sales were coming also .Cali offered to ship free and lowered the price of the 5.5 with a wear layer of 20 mil . to 3 dollars a sq. ft. but found on floors to your home some at 1.99 +free shipping and 20 mil wear layer also 7mil thick .I bought some from them before for the other house .Kitchen and bathrooms it was 5mil thick with a 20 mil wear layer and was 1.29 sq. ft. but they had a limited amount on it with free shipping

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I see you are looking for new floors .Poor Missy she needs love and she demands it .We are still living in a ice palace here but I here ice crashing down every once in awhile .At least no snow to shovel

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Loving the sunshine and going for my ride if it ever warms up to 40f. That is my rule, no riding under that temp, just too cold for my bones!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I'm loving this sunshine! It got so cold last couple of days that we almost had to turn off the ponds.
I don't get it tho, last winter was way colder than it has been this year and we only had the pond off for the 2 weeks when the temps dropped way below zero, this year is no where near as cold, why is the net in the skimmer freezing to the point of restricting water?

Nice to see you back @sissy ! :)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
We have had a normal winter so far ,up and down with the weather .A couple of days in the 50's and 60's and then down to 30 .Thank you gemma ,seems the work never ends here .I have been trying to get the shed ramp done because insurance company was not happen lawn mowers were in the basement .Every time they came they were always outside but the one time they came last year they were both in the basement .I was lucky to find a shed place that had them clearanced out , so got this one cheap

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I see you are looking for new floors
We are looking for bamboo, the glue down stuff. Home depot appears to be the cheapest so far. We put some down in his parents house years ago and it still looks great.

Need to fluff the place a bit to get a bit when we put it for sale, hopefully before we come home. Will see how much we can do once we get down there. Mainly painting, flooring and a new bathtub. Either bath fitters type fix or a brand new tub.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I saw a you tube video on bamboo and not such great reviews on them .I guess were complaining about them being noisy after they install them .But makes you wonder if they have no clue what they were doing and did not install them correctly or put them over a padding that was not specified for them .My sister had them and after only 2 years they needed refinished in the bedrooms .Only she is home during the week ( she works 12 hour shifts at the ER in Danville VA ) as her hubby is an over the road trucker .She had the oak put down in the living room and kitchen and dining area and they are fine .I had bathfitters do a tub in my house in NJ and it was horrible .Maybe they have improved since then .They put that tub thing over my tub and the shower surround and bathroom was rarely used and it leaked around the drain horribly and ruined the ceiling below ,but they did make it right and paid for all the repairs .That was back in 2001 .Good luck addy and hope it goes well so you get rid of the place and don't have the hassle of another renter

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lol The bamboo we put down in Florida has lasted for about 10 years. We put it down to remove the carpet for his mom. She had Alzheimer confined to a wheel chair, his dad had a walker. We were tired of cleaning the carpet that got gross. It still looks darn good. A few scratches but ow in good shape. It is comfy to bare feet not noisy at all. We did do the glue down flooring onto concrete. I love the look of it. Be ready to wear out a blade cutting the stuff it is tough.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
We are looking for bamboo, the glue down stuff. Home depot appears to be the cheapest so far. We put some down in his parents house years ago and it still looks great.
I'm gonna have to replace my kitchen floor eventually, thanks for giving me an idea of what to use,. Does bamboo come in a wide selection of colors?

Ask a Question