j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@addy1 Your plan sounds good and glad your honey can do a work around all that stuff. Good luck getting rent unless it comes to you auto pay. Hoping no snow for you on the 30th!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Well we have rain now and says rain tomorrow and then temps. will go back up .Only 39 now but supposed to get up to 57 tomorrow .The rain is helping the farmers so I don't mind it .I hate that the temperature swings are messing with my trees .I see some buds on some of them .It is way to early and I know we will get more colder weather .So warm temperatures are not always a good thing :(

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I'm keeping and eye out for wandering dogs today. Yesterday two labs came onto my property and totally destroyed my small garden area next to the woodshed. They dug a hole to China trying to get a rabbit. I saw them out there and ran out to stop them. They also dug all around 2 other sides of the shed and knocked down some stacked wood.

Before:

After:

I was able to get it somewhat back in shape but added a big rock where they dug that hole and another big flat one in front of it. There is a law here that people are not supposed to let dogs run loose but some just ignore it. Not the dogs fault as they are just doing what comes natural. I sure don't want to have to repair things like this all the time tho. Oh and Ha Ha they didn't get the rabbit!

Now I see on our neighborhood community online site that a cougar was spotted yesterday on one of my walking/bike riding routes! Lady stated it was in the pouncing position when she saw it. Prolly after rabbits or squirrels. Just keep away from my wild rabbit and little ole me ,lol!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@j.w are you still going for bike rides?

Yep I go riding on all the dry days and walk on the wet ones. I just love being outdoors! I wave at everyone and most wave back. Good way to meet your neighbors and chat about this and that. Have met many of them in about a 6 mile radius when walking. More when riding cuz you can cover much more distance. There is this one really old guy who rides his bike and carries his little dog under his arm while riding! He's been doing that for years. Haven't seen him lately tho. Don't know where he lives. Another young guy said he tried my 6 mile walk and said he would never do it again! Said by the time he got home he was scared to death,lol! Said some spots were too close to the road and not much space to walk. Guess I'm just used to it and know when to get over to the other side or just move over into the ditch a bit. It's just a short area where it is kind of dangerous. Most of it is just lazy see a car once in awhile roads. One must be ready at all times tho to do a sacrificial ditch dive if a crazy driver were to come at you,lol!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
We're so different! You like to meet your neighbors and I do all I can to avoid mine!

We speed hike a 6 miles path when the weather is nice...but we gave it up once before because of reports of wild bores attacking hikers, I would give it up for a cougar as well

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ha Ha @Gemma I'm sure you have some nice neighbors around there somewhere. No wild boar here and cougars might be around but I think they are night stalkers mainly. We have bear also but I have never seen one. Seen Bob Cats but they run away.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Ha Ha @Gemma I'm sure you have some nice neighbors around there somewhere. No wild boar here and cougars might be around but I think they are night stalkers mainly. We have bear also but I have never seen one. Seen Bob Cats but they run away.
My neighbors are great if you're a follower, I'm not!
I like to be my own person, do my own thing without consulting with the entire neighborhood first, and befriend who I want, not who I'm told to.
My husband and I find their neighborhood meetings very creepy and we do not attend, so the neighbors have no idea about our personal life and nothing to gossip about, they must hate that!
So glad I'm the first house on the street, and away from all the other houses, I can pretend I have no neighbors! :)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We tend to stick to ourselves also. Know one neighbor well and another neighbor about a mile away. Do talk to a few others but don't really know them. The closest neighbor is a drinker, made advances towards me when we first moved in, we say hi but that is about it. He wanted us to come over on weekends to drink.

We tend to be very private about our lives.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
We've lived here almost 15 years ad I used to love to meet and talk with our neighbors. Over the years, as new people move in, our neighborhood Face Book group has become very catty which I do not care for. We have one neighbor who took pictures of a neighbor's house and shamed them on the group :( My pond is in the back yard and that's where you'll find me :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
We tend to stick to ourselves also. we say hi but that is about it. .
We tend to be very private about our lives.
That's pretty much how we are. We still say hi if we encounter neighbors but that's about it.
My neighbors have nothing to complain about other than having no idea about our private life, therefor nothing to gossip about.
We've always been a quiet and respectful family, we've improved our house and yard tremendously since we moved in, we've always kept our kids, and pets on our property..the only thing we don't do anymore is attending the neighborhood gathering

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
We've lived here almost 15 years ad I used to love to meet and talk with our neighbors. Over the years, as new people move in, our neighborhood Face Book group has become very catty which I do not care for. We have one neighbor who took pictures of a neighbor's house and shamed them on the group :( My pond is in the back yard and that's where you'll find me :)
I could've wrote your post myself! :)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We are friendly to those we meet when walking, say hi, talk to those that want to say hi back. Nobody knows our actual life except the one neighbor, we support them they support us. She is actually our executor.

Nobody is aware of our ponds, they are out of sight, most don't know we have bees, they are out of sight, very few know how many cars dear honey has. We like it that way. Our drive way is over 200 feet long, corn fields and woods is our view. Deer and other critters are neighbors.

Have more friends on the forum then in the neighborhood lol

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
We are surrounded by trees pretty much but all of our immediate neighbors are great! We five homes were supposed to organize ourselves into a covenant thing and pay dues and all that junk but we all said crap to that and do most everything we want to. Now I suppose down the road aways if someone sells to a person that does not like how we have all gone hog wild then we might all have a problem. Oh well we all live for the moment I guess and we can move out if we ever feel like it :smuggrin:

Ask a Question