Whatcha doing today?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Hi @Gemma. Just getting back to normal after the holidays. Today I am hanging a bird feeder as the branch holding it fell down last night. Its too cold to do much else outside, so paperwork and household chores it is.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hi @Tara I hear ya about the cold, my pet hens don't even want to step outside today! I'm hoping it's just a cold spell and soon we'll be back up in the 40s, I got a ton of work to do outside this year, I can't wait to get started!

After spending the weekend with hubby, trying to figure out how to cover the new pond, without setting the mesh directly on the capping stones, we might actually have found a way...crossing my fingers that it works out
everything else should be a piece of cake

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
digging through papers, stuff, filling bags to get rid of. A good cold day job.

Checked the bees, inside the top of the hives are sitting around 75F even though it was 14 when I checked and the wind howling still.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Fixed a neighbor's snowblower this AM. Not because I'm a sterling neighbor, but because I'm lazy. It was either fix his blower so he could use it, or plan to do his driveway AND mine after the next snow storm. It just seemed like the lesser of two evils. :)

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Loaded up the Turbotax software and started the taxes. Major tax changes this year which seem like will simplify our taxes from now on but still don't have all my paperwork so time will tell.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Home from work today. Did water changes on some of my aquariums. Got a couple baby bubble eyes the other day. Played around with their tank today. Cute lil things, busy checking out stuff in the tank. Fed them some duckweed. Fun watching them figure out it was food.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Loaded up the Turbotax software and started the taxes.
I started the sorting of our bills, papers etc. Still use a CPA firm in Arizona to get our taxes done.
Our taxes are a book, no way will I do them. We pay a good amount to get them done but it is a write off the next year lol.
As we get rid of rentals it is getting easier to get them done, but last year a deceased tenant, this year a deceased tenant, last year two rehabs on rentals, one sale, this year three rehabs, one we need to finish from last year, two starting this year and with any luck two sales!

I have used the firm in Arizona for over 25 years now. Keeps me out of trouble with the tax peeps.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Dear honey is down in Florida dealing with the condo where the tenant died. Still no clue if the family will come down, they need to get a rep assigned by a court to be allowed into the condo, no will. We have no choice per Florida law. We have to protect his assets.

He had to do biological hazard remediation, since the tenant passed in the condo. Luckily he was down there or the association would have charged us a lot to pull up the little bit of carpet with blood and fluids on it.

So dear honey is moving stuff painting, moving stuff laying down new flooring. The place is stuffed. I don't think he could reach the washer and dryer.

We are waiting to hear from the son up in Massachusetts, he is calling the courts today to see what he needs to do. See if he is going to drive down or is going to abandon the stuff. From what the son told us there is no money. There are 3 sons one in jail. We as the owners have to be really careful with what we do with his processions, no one kid can have access without court order or we can be fined and sued.

I am in Maryland, doc appts, bees that need to be fed or they will starve.

Taking advantage of being husband less. Strip cleaning some rooms, tossing junk, after tossing so much stuff from deceased tenants I am finding it easer to toss our junk, or give it away.

Can't wait until we are rental less or at least a lot less rentals.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Loaded up the Turbotax software and started the taxes. Major tax changes this year which seem like will simplify our taxes from now on but still don't have all my paperwork so time will tell.
I'm curious to find out the changes in taxes for this year, hopefully they're all in our favor!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Dear honey is down in Florida dealing with the condo where the tenant died. Still no clue if the family will come down, they need to get a rep assigned by a court to be allowed into the condo, no will. We have no choice per Florida law. We have to protect his assets.

He had to do biological hazard remediation, since the tenant passed in the condo. Luckily he was down there or the association would have charged us a lot to pull up the little bit of carpet with blood and fluids on it.

So dear honey is moving stuff painting, moving stuff laying down new flooring. The place is stuffed. I don't think he could reach the washer and dryer.

We are waiting to hear from the son up in Massachusetts, he is calling the courts today to see what he needs to do. See if he is going to drive down or is going to abandon the stuff. From what the son told us there is no money. There are 3 sons one in jail. We as the owners have to be really careful with what we do with his processions, no one kid can have access without court order or we can be fined and sued.

I am in Maryland, doc appts, bees that need to be fed or they will starve.

Taking advantage of being husband less. Strip cleaning some rooms, tossing junk, after tossing so much stuff from deceased tenants I am finding it easer to toss our junk, or give it away.

Can't wait until we are rental less or at least a lot less rentals.

View attachment 118528View attachment 118529
This reminds me of the show "Storage wars"...good luck!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
This reminds me of the show "Storage wars"...good luck!
All I can say to everybody is write a will, even it is just basic, give my junk to xxxxx.

We can do nothing for 60 days ie as far as the stuff. Then it will be considered abandoned and becomes our problem.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@addy1 Oh what a nightmare on all that junk in your poor honey's way! 60 days is a long time to have to leave it sit there. What can ya do tho? Just deal w/it the best you can and hope once you get the place sell worthy it will go fast!

As for the taxes I'm gonna start doing mine myself again. Not really any need to have the tax people do it. Pretty simple to do ours now. I'm waiting for all the paperwork to come in. Think it all has to be here by the end of January or something like that.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The son was to call the courts today, call us back, or text us..........radio silence. We are on a wait and see.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Uh oh maybe in the ignore mode @addy1 Since no money coming to them they might not care what you do w/the junk. Too bad they don't let you know tho so you can get rid of it sooner.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Uh oh maybe in the ignore mode @addy1 Since no money coming to them they might not care what you do w/the junk. Too bad they don't let you know tho so you can get rid of it sooner.
By law/landlord statues we have no option but to wait the 60 days if the court does not assign a rep. We can not remove anything.
So honey moving stuff from a to b back to a to paint, doing flooring etc. Just a pain but workable. When I get down there I will bag his clothes, box the papers organize. That is a week from now, if the kid is going to do something we should know by then. OW they owe us another month of rent.

Hopefully no snow on the 30th I am flying down.

My nephew is coming over to enjoy the hot tub again............. Keeps our house occupied.

Ask a Question