Whatcha doing today?

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I think I'm going to shut down my pumps and drain my filters this weekend. Last year I had the drains on 3 filters freeze and break. I will start them back up once the weather warms a little. Can't run 2 1500 w heaters and 4 pumps at the same time . Hopefully this cold snap will not last long.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Heading out to get grit for the steps and walkway. Snow on the way later today and into tomorrow. I have my weekly shop done and can't believe I forgot the grit, with a show storm on the way the stores will be crazy. I have some indoor house plants to repot, then I plant to do some baking.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I think I'm going to shut down my pumps and drain my filters this weekend. Last year I had the drains on 3 filters freeze and break. I will start them back up once the weather warms a little. Can't run 2 1500 w heaters and 4 pumps at the same time . Hopefully this cold snap will not last long.
I might end up shutting mine off as well this weekend, not cause of fear of possible damage (never had any equipment damage ) but because we are expecting a severe drop in temps, and it is possible that the ice buildup will eventually starve the pump.
Last year was winter was really long and harsh, but fortunately my pond was only off for 2 weeks total, I'm hoping this year I don't have to shut it down, at all, but we'll see.
Heading out to get grit for the steps and walkway. Snow on the way later today and into tomorrow. I have my weekly shop done and can't believe I forgot the grit, with a show storm on the way the stores will be crazy. I have some indoor house plants to repot, then I plant to do some baking.
Hey there @Tara
have,t seen you in a while!
All I know about grit I got from movies, what does it taste like?

I don't work, so today is my cleaning day!

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Just finished shoveling my driveway and my neighbors. That was a workout. Now I'm waiting for the lake effect snow to kick in so I can do it all over again tonight or tomorrow.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@Gemma I think the tara above is a different tara that just joined last Summer or am I wrong? Thinking @tbendl was the Tara you were thinking of maybe. And what happened to her?

Last edited:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Gave a talk to a beginning bee class, what equipment to have on hand to work the bees. Now sitting on butt for a bit, watching it spit a tiny bit of snow.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Chipping as much ice off the driveway as possible so the snowblower can blow off the expected 14-20" of snow due tomorrow without getting stuck on a slick spot and/or a keeping a blower handle from punching me in the stomach when it hits a bump of ice. (Only a snowblower operator will understand the latter part.....it makes one want to utter an obscenity!)

JW! Congrats on your 25,000th coming right up!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Okay maybe you don't know the other Tara. She has not been around for awhile and I have seen Tara above here lately. Anyways no problem. Keep on truckin!

@j.w I know who you're talking about. I don't think she used her real name on the forum. I think @Mmathis is friends with her on Facebook. So she might know what she's up to.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Okay maybe you don't know the other Tara. She has not been around for awhile and I have seen Tara above here lately. Anyways no problem. Keep on truckin!
I do remember her pond,but never got to know much about her, I didn't even know her name was also Tara.

Ask a Question