Whatcha doing today?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Did you have to sand the bottom of your cast pans? I've seen some later ones that were awfully rough. Seems the real ones ( older, but not necessarily antique,) were smoothed at the foundry.
Had to take a look at mine after reading that, I have some real old pans that were given to me, and they are smooth. So I took a look at my cast iron pot and it's rough on the bottom, I brought it a few years ago.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I love my air fryer .I do roasts and meatloaf and even bake cakes and muffins in this one .saves lots of electricity .I think the food tastes better .I do french fries and veggie fries in mine and love it .Do not know what I did without it .I have not used my ovens in my range since I got this
I'm sold, thanks!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Well it's super bowl day today, so good luck to both teams and may we have a good game. I plan to take it easy and enjoy the day with plenty of delicious snacks.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
just came in to rest ,got most of the rest of the plants transplanted but a few more to go and a wheelbarrow of the mulch from garden put in where I plant potatos and another one ready to put in but time to rest

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Well it's super bowl day today, so good luck to both teams and may we have a good game. I plan to take it easy and enjoy the day with plenty of delicious snacks.
Hubby and kids are watching it in the basement, I'm making them homemade pizza..I have no interest in either the game nor the pizza so I'm going to watch a movie in my bedroom instead, and pretend I'm home alone

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Me either no interest in the games! I went for a walk in the snow................yes I said SNOW! About an hour into the walk it started snowing and now it's really coming down. If it keeps up like this we will have several inches in a short time!
I'm doing the snow dance for joy right now

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We took the day off just watching movies then the game being bumms. Then back to work tomorrow more painting etc etc

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I'm thinking a lot of kids will be missing from school today due to the patriots perade, I called the school absent line to report my son missing but the mailbox was full. It took me 20 minutes to get past the freeway entrance to the train station this morning to drop off my car load of teens. I feel bad for anyone working or driving near Boston today as the city is expecting an estimated crowd of at least a million people today. I will be outside for a while as temps will be F62 and sunny, and I'll be fussing over my other poor son who is at home sick with a bad cold and sad because all his friends are heading into Boston. @sissy do you have any tips on how to remove marker from wood, it can't be anything too harsh as the wood is delicate, I've tried a few things already with no success and out I'm out of ideas, so I'm hoping with that D.I.Y mind of yours you may know of something.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Excuse me for butting in, I know you asked Sissy, but if you can try it on another piece of wood for a test, Acetone may do the trick. I know it'll "erase" pencil marks on wood.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Excuse me for butting in, I know you asked Sissy, but if you can try it on another piece of wood for a test, Acetone may do the trick. I know it'll "erase" pencil marks on wood.
No worries and thanks for butting in, I have some Acetone here somewhere so I'll give it a test run. It looks like I'm dealing with purple permanent marker.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
My workday got cancelled due to the extremely icy roads, not sure what I'll do today

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
found this and have to try making them and waterproof it
That gives me a lot of ideas for my Fairy garden!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Not today! ...today I'm just watching youtube for inspiration on all bunch of stuff.
.... sure would like to go with Sissy on her next trip to the flea market

Ask a Question