Whatcha doing today?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Sure! And don't forget your posse!
I'll set up the table and get some chairs, tell "She who must be obeyed" what's going on, (she'll be all for it!) and we'll do the first annual GPF get together. :)
Just look for the boats on the front porch!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
The flapper on the the toilet tank is done for, so need to get a new one and replace it. I'm thinking I'll replace the seat also, I may check out the garden supplies while I'm there.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I'm back to my usual running back and forth to the hardware stores. Drain backup earlier this month that did a lot of damage so new ceiling tiles for suspended ceiling in basement. New post lamp for out front, old one blew over with 60mph gusts and then this week, hubbies closet door hinges gave out and it's a cheap hollow core so no repairing. Back to Lowes to get a new bifold. Got it stained and hung yesterday. I got 8 birdhouses built using the plans JB posted, now just need good weather to get them put out.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lab test, doc visit, now doing my minimal packing for tomorrow. Just my pup and my backpack. Honey drove my clothes bag down with him. Fed the bees this weekend, gave them double the amount they usually eat in two weeks, have more to put on them when we get back if needed.
Did forget to pack undies so they will be in the backpack. Or go to Costco and buy some more.

Looks like snow will cooperate! It will be darn cold but roads clear.

House is ready for nephew again. He loves to stay here.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
we'll do the first annual GPF get together. :)
Just look for the boats on the front porch!
View attachment 118602
@Timothy you have the perfect place for a get together, I love your backyard! Too bad you're like 10 plus hours away from me.
Last year hubby and I went to our first pond tour! At first it felt weird to enter strangers backyards, but it turned out to be so much fun that we are looking forward to do it again every year. It would be awesome to visit GPF's members, perhaps someday when I retire.

Is your wife a member of GPF?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
@Timothy you have the perfect place for a get together, I love your backyard! Too bad you're like 10 plus hours away from me.
Last year hubby and I went to our first pond tour! At first it felt weird to enter strangers backyards, but it turned out to be so much fun that we are looking forward to do it again every year. It would be awesome to visit GPF's members, perhaps someday when I retire.View attachment 118603

Is your wife a member of GPF?

Thank you Gemma.
My wife is a member by marriage :) . I have to give her about 85% of the credit for the plants, pruning and weeding. I dig the holes, carry water, tend the pond mechanics, build the structures and come up with the unorthodox idea's. When someone visits and asks "What's that flower, (bush, grass, vine,) I have to defer to the "Plantist." :)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Cloudy here sprinkles now and then and 43 degrees so guessing I am not going to get any more of the plants dug up .The wind is chilly also .I wish I had some one to help .Hubby used to before his heart attack .I got some stuff done outside before the weather pushed me inside

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
shopping trips and you get everything but what you really went for .I have done that several times :D
I just did that very thing today. I went out for my flapper valve, on the way home I saw an old guitar in the window of a thrift store so I went in for a look, it's an old Stella guitar and they sold it to me for 10 bucks . So I have got a lot of the dirt off, now just have to clean the tuning nuts and polish the fret board, other then that it's in great shape. Happy project.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Flapper valve to guitar rescue! My kind of day :) Can't go wrong with a rescue!
Yep, that's exactly what I told myself when I was standing there looking at it, I must rescue this poor guitar. However I already have three, so after I have my fun and play with it for a while I will have to find it a forever home where it's needed. I just know there is a child out there somewhere who needs a guitar of their very own, I just enjoy cleaning them up and making them playable again.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Sorry I’ve been gone so long, I was having issues and then I had issues getting back on here! That’s all fixed now. Sigh, dad had his shoulder surgery, he’s doing good, and my plan to make him and step dad plan my pond stuff to keep them busy is shot as 1) step dad can’t get moved out this way yet due to insurance and health issues, and 2) I can’t stay away. I’m having massive pond withdrawals, so even just planning my new pond is better than nothing.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
It's nice to see you @JamieB :)

Nothing much going on here , just waiting patiently for the temps to raise.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Good to see you back on the forum, @JamieB! We've had an upgrade recently, apologies if it caused you problems when you logged back in.

Ask a Question