j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Me too @Gemma I so enjoy seeing all the good and cheap priced stuff she finds! I'm gonna go out for a walk in the snow again and the sun is so bright and shining. It's 24f but I can bundle up. Seems tho even when it's that cold the sun really warms you up so I'm not gonna overdo it like yesterday w/the packing on of the clothes.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I'd like to find an old chandelier and turn it into a plant holder display

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I'd like to find an old chandelier and turn it into a plant holder display
I found one before Christmas and fixed it up, I was meant to put up a picture but I forgot. I will post one when the sun is out and its looking it's best. Took me some time to clean and string all the crystals back together but very much worth the effort. It would look good holding a plant as well, so I'll keep an eye out for another one.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Well what am I doing today, so many projects and each one is more exciting than the next. The washing machine is going, sounds wonderful, but I find myself impatient to vacuum as I enjoy how it sounds so much more. The breakfast dishes await, and today I open a new dish soap that is hand friendly, infused with lavender and moisturizers skin as you wash, says the label. So I'm hoping as I gaze out window that the food is stuck on good as I want this moment surrounded by lavender to last. Next I shall take my newly moisturized hands ( thank you new dish soap) up the stairs to the bathroom where three in a hurry schoolboys, availed and rushed themselves through every facility the bathroom has to offer. Here I shall wear my favourite gloves, they are smooth yellow rubber with a yellow sun stamped logo and very pretty, not only a household fashion statement, they will offer protection for my hands as the cloths and the scrubby brush from the cupboard assist me in the big clean up. My big dog looking sad follows me all over the house with an old squeaky toy that is (thankfully) unable to squeak anymore, hoping I will go play in the garden that is now a mud pit thanks to the ice melt and heavy rain. I'm having coffee now, then later the day takes a dramatic u turn as I will go walking with my dogs in the woods.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I too have tons of housework that I just can't wait to get to. Been layed up with a bad cold last 3 days but got out this morning and shut down pond breathers and heaters and restarted filters. I hope I can keep things running for the rest of winter. Now off to kitchen to inventory spices. Planning a trip to Pa. Dutch market tomorrow to restock.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
@Tara only you can make house chores sound so good!

@mrsclem hope you feel better ...wish I too could re start my filters....I can see all my koi in the side pond, they swim around and seem fine.
The fish in the back pond stay in the half that still covered with ice, all 4 swim up to the surface, I'm hoping it's not because they're dying.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I found one before Christmas and fixed it up, I was meant to put up a picture but I forgot. I will post one when the sun is out and its looking it's best. Took me some time to clean and string all the crystals back together but very much worth the effort. It would look good holding a plant as well, so I'll keep an eye out for another one.
You fixed it up, you mean as a light fixture? I want one as a plant holder

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Well what am I doing today, so many projects and each one is more exciting than the next. The washing machine is going, sounds wonderful, but I find myself impatient to vacuum as I enjoy how it sounds so much more. The breakfast dishes await, and today I open a new dish soap that is hand friendly, infused with lavender and moisturizers skin as you wash, says the label. So I'm hoping as I gaze out window that the food is stuck on good as I want this moment surrounded by lavender to last. Next I shall take my newly moisturized hands ( thank you new dish soap) up the stairs to the bathroom where three in a hurry schoolboys, availed and rushed themselves through every facility the bathroom has to offer. Here I shall wear my favourite gloves, they are smooth yellow rubber with a yellow sun stamped logo and very pretty, not only a household fashion statement, they will offer protection for my hands as the cloths and the scrubby brush from the cupboard assist me in the big clean up. My big dog looking sad follows me all over the house with an old squeaky toy that is (thankfully) unable to squeak anymore, hoping I will go play in the garden that is now a mud pit thanks to the ice melt and heavy rain. I'm having coffee now, then later the day takes a dramatic u turn as I will go walking with my dogs in the woods.

As Bubba said,.........."You ain't right"..... :)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I wish I just had house work but I am the landscaper and mow and trim besides cooking cleaning and laundry and grocery shopping .I will be moving 10 tons of gravel next week and today started painting the ramp to the shed and picked up wood to build a work bench in the shed that will be 4 feet long but only about 18 inch's deep .I had to also econnect the pump to the hose in the pond as I forgot to tighten the clamps to it after it has been off for awhile .

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
About 5am this morning I woke up and thought it seemed awfully dark and cold in my bedroom. We had a power outage in the neighborhood. 50°F inside and 0°F out. Guessing it had been out for awhile. Good thing I woke up or the basement may have flooded. Had to go outside and get the generator going to plug the sump pump in. That wasn't fun.

Now I'm watching some NASCAR coverage.

Ask a Question