Whatcha doing today?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Good to see you back on the forum, @JamieB! We've had an upgrade recently, apologies if it caused you problems when you logged back in.
Meh, I was able to contact support, Ian fixed it. I’ll get used to the update, and be back to chatting soon! I already updated my post about my pond plans, which keep evolving with all the changes going on here in life.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Some large critter got into our trash bin last night, the lid was left open so I had a nice cold morning cleaning that up before trash pick up came. I'm making beef stock today so I can make soup and stews next week. It also seems I may have to go looking for a new stove as the oven is not maintaining a steady temperature even after been calibrated. Not looking forward to looking for a new one though as I find the sales people can be overbearing somtimes, I remember shopping for a new mattress and as soon as your backside had touched one to try, a salesperson would seem to magically appear from nowhere looking down at you with a smile "can I help you", and even when told no they seem to keep talking, or just hover somewhere nearby. In all fairness who wants a stranger staring at them while they check out a new mattress. I had to tell them I would be buying nothing if they did not let me try any mattress in peace. Maybe the stove people will be better.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
geeze the one thing I miss is garbage collection ,here I have to take it all the way to the dump

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Yeh but out here where you have fox and bears and you get people who put trash out on trailers or trucks for a month more it is not safe .Then you add in rodents, possums and raccoons .We also now have a garbage tax of 120 dollas a year and the city gets free garbage cans and pick up from garbage trucks and only pays 45 dollars a year .Not fair to us who live in the county

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
seems I may have to go looking for a new stove
Do you do gas or electric? If electric look at a induction stove. I am totally impressed with mine. Instant heat, instant lack of heat (except the hot glass) when you turn it off. As close as you can get to a gas stove without being gas. The oven has held perfect temperature.
On power boil it puts a huge pot of water into a boil within minutes when I am making sugar water for the bees.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
but you do need a certain kind of pans .I love my double oven range but since getting my air fryer oven I love that more .It is great for only 2 people .I have done a roast and chicken and even a small turkey ,pizza and french fries in it .Saves energy and for 2 people it is great

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
............................... Cast iron pans work great.
Did you have to sand the bottom of your cast pans? I've seen some later ones that were awfully rough. Seems the real ones ( older, but not necessarily antique,) were smoothed at the foundry.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Did you have to sand the bottom of your cast pans? I've seen some later ones that were awfully rough. Seems the real ones ( older, but not necessarily antique,) were smoothed at the foundry.
I don't use them, bought some induction pans. But they do work good on the stove. A magnet must stick well to a pan for it to work with a induction stove.
I do have some really old cast iron pots and pans. Dutch oven etc, my late hubby bought them many years ago.

Today, painting, patching holes, sanding, texturing the walls, painting. Managed to get one big blob of paint in my eye, painting the ceiling. Rinsed it out real good, sure hoping I don't get a eye infection. So far it is not red.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
flea market a great success brand new heater for my basement already hung it on the wall and drilled the hole in basement wall and called propane company for a tank .

Attachments

• 100_6535.JPG
    100_6535.JPG
    144.8 KB · Views: 98
  • 100_6537.JPG
    100_6537.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 83
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
but you do need a certain kind of pans .I love my double oven range but since getting my air fryer oven I love that more .It is great for only 2 people .I have done a roast and chicken and even a small turkey ,pizza and french fries in it .Saves energy and for 2 people it is great View attachment 118640
I really want to try the air fry! Does the food taste as good as if it was fried in oil? Have you done french fries?

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
flea market a great success brand new heater for my basement already hung it on the wall and drilled the hole in basement wall and called propane company for a tank .
We heat our house with a ventless propane heater. Love it! Heat pumps do not do well when it drops below 32f they blow tepid air not warm air.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I love my air fryer .I do roasts and meatloaf and even bake cakes and muffins in this one .saves lots of electricity .I think the food tastes better .I do french fries and veggie fries in mine and love it .Do not know what I did without it .I have not used my ovens in my range since I got this

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Do you do gas or electric? If electric look at a induction stove. I am totally impressed with mine. Instant heat, instant lack of heat (except the hot glass) when you turn it off. As close as you can get to a gas stove without being gas. The oven has held perfect temperature.
On power boil it puts a huge pot of water into a boil within minutes when I am making sugar water for the bees.
thanks Addy, I have not gone out to look yet , I do have gas but use an electrical stove because of my parrot, so I'm thinking a induction stove may be a good idea.

Ask a Question