Whatcha doing today?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Since the wind is blowing a gale, and it's middle 20's outside, I have the shop wood stove going and am continuing work on a model tug for a friend. I still have a long way to go, but need to keep plugging away on it because when the ice goes off the pond my priorities change drastically!

118804 118802 118803

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I'd "like" your post j.w., but in today's climate I'm afraid 30 years from now I may be the butt of an ambush when I run for some public office. :):)
I liked it cause in 30 yrs I am sure not running for a office...............

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
hope you get done soon with the condo and all is sorted out .My brother had no will either and it can be a nightmare .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
On our way to the condo we are working on our dash cam caught this lil one running, a otter! There are a lot of lakes in the development.

View attachment 118812

very short video on our traffic cam

Those critters are more deadly than the heron when it comes to our ponds. I don't know anyway of defending a pond against one of them if they've got it in their mind to clean it out.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Watched the NASCAR preseason race. There was a huge crash where only three or four cars weren't involved. Then it ended early because of rain. Then I started watching NHRA. Rain there, too. Guess it was not a good day for racing.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Those critters are more deadly than the heron when it comes to our ponds. I don't know anyway of defending a pond against one of them if they've got it in their mind to clean it out.
There are ponds everywhere down here, well more like man made lakes for the residents. Not stocked with fish or they have native fish in them. Herons etc are always fishing from the edges. Nothing like our gf and koi ponds.

Huge snappers hang out around them also, a occasional alligator.

Ask a Question