addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I chipped up some tile, once, one of those electric chippers, took a long time ad a lot of work.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I worked on two different bog ideas, one in a wooden box designed to be a window box. I lined it with quilting batting, the sheet kind, then filled it with wood chips and a few plants, army engineered a hose to go in one of the drain holes attached to a power head. It’s releasing tannins in the water, but that’s fine by me. I’ve got mint and some other random plants in there, just to see how they’ll do. That one is over my big goldfish. Today I set up a second one, it’s not done yet. In a plastic planter, the kind that feeds from the bottom, I moved all my pothos into that, with a few other plants. Next step will be hose and power head to fill it, and a way to support it, I’ve currently got it suspended in the tropical tank via two duct tape ropes. Not the best, but it’ll do for now. It’s too long to go across the 30 gallon tank short wise, and too short long wise! So on my days off, I think I’ll be making some way to do it better. Then I’ll set up another one for the pleco tank, adding some apple and pecan chunks to his tank. Oh and I’ve got to take dad to okc tomorrow, so I might hit the big box pet store for a few fish. I want female Bettas and guppies.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9a-9b
Country
Ireland
5 days later( well i took 2 days off )the very slow painful job of removing the tile adhesive is done and the floor is pretty descent
if i must say so myself,i just hope the tiler agrees with me as he is coming to inspect it tomorrow evening,i can do no more with it
after chiseling and scrapping it smooth im looking forward to getting back to the pond

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Sheriff's deputy came to my home today as they wanted my statement concerning a guy who is dragging old r.v's and bags of garbage off his property and onto our neighborhood roads. The guy admitted to doing it but guess they just want backup in case there is a problem. I ride my bicycle by the property where the guy drug the r.v's etc. from and also witnessed a fire he started on a flatbed trailer next to one of the r.v's. He just left the fire burning and was not even there to watch over it. I rode to the fire station just down the road and told them and they took their fire truck and put the darn thing out after they pulled it away from near the old r.v. So the firemen are also witnesses to seeing the old r.v there on the day of the fire and then seeing it on the side of the rode in the neighborhood. It cost the county $700. just to remove that one r.v off the road which means we the people will pay for this unless he is made to do so! Sick of these people doing these things and getting away w/it. I will do my part in seeing this guy pays and not us! Oh and he has done this more than once. There was another bigger r.v they towed away also off the neighborhood street in the same place. Big bags of trash also. Idiot!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The black locust is blooming.......................the bees are flying. Our short nectar season has started! Do the no rain dance! We lost it last year due to RAIN! lots of rain. If you can ever get near to one, smell the flowers, they are unreal!

We spent the day adding more honey supers to the hives. Hope they decide to gather and gather the nectar
20190506_152340.jpg
20190506_152305.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I got more fish! 3 fancy male guppies, 6 females, all different colors. Then 5 female bettas. I’ll be getting them in shape to breed, still a bit small. Then work to cross them to the male I have, and see if I get any babies. I’d love for the guppies to breed and then the bettas will have steady live food! The ones I don’t move to the pleco tank that is.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
finish my service bridge to get my lawn mower across onto the drive way .I did most of it yesterday but just a little more today .Need to clean the filter pads in the pond filters .Repairs here and there to get done .A homeowner never see's the end of the honey do list .Why do I have to be the honey who does it all :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Just another day at work for me cause the weather isn't going to let me do anything else today!
smnails.gif

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
My one day off this week. Checked fish, fed fish, checked bees, I think they are slowly dieing off or flying away, fewer than before, but one less, cause a jumping spider carried it away! No bees on the rose bush.
Here’s aquarium pictures. I’m about to move the three smallest water lillies into there, and then go get apple and pecan wood as well as a big chunk of cattails into the pleco tank.

Attachments

• 94CDB5AB-ECAD-452E-8A3C-28E6564B17AD.jpeg
    94CDB5AB-ECAD-452E-8A3C-28E6564B17AD.jpeg
    85.2 KB · Views: 73
  • BF3E6065-378D-43E6-BC1A-394315DB52D9.jpeg
    BF3E6065-378D-43E6-BC1A-394315DB52D9.jpeg
    67.5 KB · Views: 75
  • B82FC437-B7F0-4A78-B453-C742949D5129.jpeg
    B82FC437-B7F0-4A78-B453-C742949D5129.jpeg
    116.9 KB · Views: 60
  • 9796E91D-BDB1-4E24-AC17-1B66A9919F04.jpeg
    9796E91D-BDB1-4E24-AC17-1B66A9919F04.jpeg
    122.7 KB · Views: 57

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Topping the pond off w/hose water as the lovely sunshine we are having has evaporated some water.

Oh, what a beautiful Mornin'
Oh, what a beautiful day.
I've got a beautiful feelin'
Everything's goin' my way. :happy:

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Hot 83F inspected the bees again, we have three hives trying to swarm so we are working on keeping them home. Inspecting every 5-7 days and removing swarm cells. The weeds are growing, and growing and growing. I am ignoring, don't have the time for them right now.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Wood chunks as biomedia? Had never heard of using wood.
I’ve got wood chips in the bog filter box. They’ll break down over time, and add tannins to the water, but I’m just too broke and busy to do rock. I could go get rock from a spot I know, but it would require serious cleaning and sterilization. And I’ve just not got it lately to go haul a few buckets of rock, I’m too tired

Ask a Question