Whatcha doing today?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I need name suggestions. Two male cow names, I’ve alrea had an angus and a fergus, and then I’ll need an original calico name. I don’t think momma cat is done, she’s still very plump.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I’m bad. I worked 11p-6 am, came home, and checked the critters, fed the fish, and rather than go to bed, I started potting all my assorted water plants I needed to pot! Roughly a dozen lillies, and some other thing I’m not sure of and a day lilly maybe? I don’t recall, it was in the pond! Looks like I will have to wash my uniform before work tonight!
Water is muddy now, but I feel better. It’s not big scale pond, but it helped with my pond fever. I dunno, I might get another small liner and do patio ponds if we can’t get the pool moved. I really need to space the fish out more.

Attachments

• 21F345C9-3890-4ADB-806C-142BA0C4F697.jpeg
    21F345C9-3890-4ADB-806C-142BA0C4F697.jpeg
    178.4 KB · Views: 77
  • 1FDB8EBD-FA92-49D6-8467-6BE100D57997.jpeg
    1FDB8EBD-FA92-49D6-8467-6BE100D57997.jpeg
    192 KB · Views: 63
  • F40207F9-CA1A-4B48-85E7-E57141BC6681.jpeg
    F40207F9-CA1A-4B48-85E7-E57141BC6681.jpeg
    128.6 KB · Views: 58
  • 22EFBE36-15C4-4E93-AC67-C669CAE2B6B2.jpeg
    22EFBE36-15C4-4E93-AC67-C669CAE2B6B2.jpeg
    238.3 KB · Views: 83

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
front yard mowed and ordered the new belts for my cub cadet .Gotta finish but had to make hubby something to eat

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Woke up earlier than I needed to, pond fever spiked! So I tested my aquarium and mini pond waters, then moved fish and plants around. Shubinkin are now in the mini pond with the other adults, and one juvenile I couldn’t catch, pond quality fish are in the big blue tote, bait quality are divided between two smaller totes, now just to let water clear, and I’ll get new pictures!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Oh, and I think I found what increased the ammonia in the aquarium, I found a dead fish. I think it was the white one, looking it over, it had a bruise on its side, so I’m guessing it got itself stuck.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Today was boring- just worked then came home and fed the fish. Yesterday however...

Planted a vegetable garden (about 25 feet downhill from the pond)
Enjoyed the blossoms from our new flower garden we started a month ago (lillies and carnations are doing great)
Put on the swimming trunks and climbed into the pond to confirm that we are indeed missing one of our fish (a 7-8" goldfish). Thought it was in hiding for the last 10 days, but not the case :'( Just up and vanished. Checked around for a carcass, but nothing in or out of the pond. At least the water plants are starting to become active. Water lillies are growing, just haven't surfaced yet. Lillies are growing fast. Everything else is slowly waking up. Fish have taken care of all algae in the meantime. Had a couple pairs of bullfrogs come visit several weeks ago. They laid a literal buttload of eggs. They have since matured and I have several thousand tadpoles in the pond. I have a small scooper net (the kind you use to catch fish out of an aquarium) at the entrance to the skimmer. I am having to take it out and remove spray off hundreds of tadpoles every single day. Thankfully the herd is starting to thin out. We are probably down to around 500 tadpoles now. They are fun to watch grow and I'm especially surprised that the fish don't try to eat the eggs or tadpoles.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have watched my fish eat the eggs, they even come out of the water, i.e. onto the pot plant the egg mass is sitting and inhale them. But they sure don't get them all. With all the tads, they are covering the edges bottom of the big pond i.e. with fish. I have seen the fish hanging out there more, but not sure if they are eating the tads.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
addy I love bleeding hearts but cannot ever seem to grow them here .i had them in NJ and they grew great but here they just die

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I had one growing great, it poofed, now I have two that must have come from seeds, not where I planted them lol

They are so pretty and delicate.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
climbed into the pond to confirm that we are indeed missing one of our fish (a 7-8" goldfish). Thought it was in hiding for the last 10 days, but not the case :'( Just up and vanished.
Sorry you lost your fish, maybe the Bullfrog got it!
Last year I watched a Bullfrog take my butterfly ogon, I couldn't believe it, the fish was at least 10" long....been relocating Bullfrogs ever since.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I was planning on rearranging the porch, setting up another metal frame for another mini pond, but it’s raining, so I don’t know that I’ll do so. Bout to check the weather, if it’ll stop or stay real gentle, I might get that done later. But first, I need sleep! Right night at work, but I’ve got till 3pm tomorrow off, and I’m thinking of seeing if the local tractor supply has a specific pond liner in stock so I can set up another patio pond.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I finally got to try out my Oase Pondovac 5 this weekend, It sure made cleaning ponds a lot easier!
We also moved 5 fish from the side pond to the one in the back. I couldn't believe how easy that was! We didn't even lowered the water, we used a huge round net to gently lure the fish into a sack net (the kind that holds water) , no rush, no struggle and no stress for anyone....almost anyone, cause every since the larger koi got put in the new ponds, the babies that were in there have been afraid of come out of hiding
I wanted to post pics, but the fish turned out to be larger than I thought and I had no tub to put them in

Ask a Question