Whatcha doing today?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
The miracle was for other families. He was an organ donar, he took his last breath today, and others will carry a part of him now.
On a good note, to make space for puppy’s to be enclosed on the porch, we moved the fish and tub ponds beside the porch, where they’ll get more sun. I just finished moving the turtles tub and found that both the crawdads were not a meal as I’d intended, but have grown substantially. Taking a break before I finish getting stuff moved, puppy mess cleaned up, etc. I woke up early, weather is actually nice today, but my allergies are kicking me in the face! Sinuses keep draining despite allergy meds. I’ll be rearranging all my pots of Waterlillys around till I’m happy with them, hopefully I’ll get to see a few bloom this year. Today is the first time this year we should see temps in the 90s, so maybe that’ll induce blooms!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Our buddy was back....we had just arrived home from gathering honey frames.
It was crawling under the truck
20190620_130606.jpg
20190620_130610.jpg

Attachments

• 20190620_130606.jpg
    20190620_130606.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 55

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
The miracle was for other families. He was an organ donar, he took his last breath today, and others will carry a part of him now.
On a good note, to make space for puppy’s to be enclosed on the porch, we moved the fish and tub ponds beside the porch, where they’ll get more sun. I just finished moving the turtles tub and found that both the crawdads were not a meal as I’d intended, but have grown substantially. Taking a break before I finish getting stuff moved, puppy mess cleaned up, etc. I woke up early, weather is actually nice today, but my allergies are kicking me in the face! Sinuses keep draining despite allergy meds. I’ll be rearranging all my pots of Waterlillys around till I’m happy with them, hopefully I’ll get to see a few bloom this year. Today is the first time this year we should see temps in the 90s, so maybe that’ll induce blooms!

Sorry to hear he passed but it was good he was a donor so others can live.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Our buddy was back....we had just arrived home from gathering honey frames.
It was crawling under the truckView attachment 122061View attachment 122063
Lawyer repellent! Lol. We’ve got black snakes here too, they like the trees and help eat mice. When did and step mom bought this place, her lawyer showed up unexpectedly, saw one, and hid behind her as of a woman who’s spine was a wreck could protect him. So dad still calls them lawyer repellent!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I feel terrible confessing this, but yesterday we killed a snake :( It was an Eastern Hognose and I'd found him in the skimmer about a month ago and we relocated him to a wooded area outside our fence. I've been away for 2 1/2 weeks, so was anxious to see my pond when I got home. All was well, but oddly no frogs or toads...which is my favorite sound through my bedroom window at night.

Well yesterday I found the snake in my little shed beside the pond. I am positive he's eaten all my frogs and toads and he's got a thick body....maybe he'd just eaten. Hubby got on gloves and was going to take him to the woods again, but I asked him to dispatch it........he'd literally eaten every single frog and toad. I don't think he could eat my koi, but could injure them if he tried. It was between 2-3 feet.....I feel very guilty, but I know he'd just keep coming back and a net does no good.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Ordered new fridge today, freezer door won't stay closed. 12 year old Kenmore that has had parts breaking for last 8-10 years. Replacement parts not available! Took kitties to vets Wednesday for yearly vaccines and Dominos teeth and gums are badly infected. 3 hours of tests , shots and consultations. We go back next Wednesday to have his teeth cleaned. He's high risk as he has autoimmune issues. Glad I boosted my escrow account, it will cover most of this.​

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Biking and wood slaving, weed pulling first day of Summer that did not look like it much at all.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Grocery shopping, ended up buying guinnie chicks, we need them to keep bugs in check, and guinnies do a better job than chickens plus being more wild type, they don’t need as much protection from predators. I only stopped by Atwood’s to see if they have them, ended up bringing 6 home. I’m looking to get a flock of 20 or so, that should work to keep bugs down with out needing a lot of extra food in winter. Snapped a few pics of fish set up.

Attachments

• 6D0EC11A-E60F-473E-B0F2-FBDF47D657B0.jpeg
    6D0EC11A-E60F-473E-B0F2-FBDF47D657B0.jpeg
    144.5 KB · Views: 84
  • 7F3ED6AF-A595-49F5-8BB4-C96C6EBFA314.jpeg
    7F3ED6AF-A595-49F5-8BB4-C96C6EBFA314.jpeg
    203 KB · Views: 100
  • 1B3A869D-355B-4AE6-AFA1-4C1F183DDAD6.jpeg
    1B3A869D-355B-4AE6-AFA1-4C1F183DDAD6.jpeg
    236.5 KB · Views: 119
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Yesterday I put on my waders and got in the pond to fertilize my lilies and swap out my aerators. My lilies look pathetic and I did two things differently this year.....I groomed them in the Fall as opposed to Spring and I used pond tabs in stead of Osamacote.

So, I wadded up some Osamacote into bits of paper towel and stuffed them into the pots. Here's hoping it helps :)

When scooping debris with the pool net, caught 16 teeny tiny fry and put them in the deck pond.....16 less to catch during the Sept. Great Koi Round Up :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Yesterday I put on my waders and got in the pond to fertilize my lilies and swap out my aerators. My lilies look pathetic and I did two things differently this year.....I groomed them in the Fall as opposed to Spring and I used pond tabs in stead of Osamacote.

So, I wadded up some Osamacote into bits of paper towel and stuffed them into the pots. Here's hoping it helps :)

When scooping debris with the pool net, caught 16 teeny tiny fry and put them in the deck pond.....16 less to catch during the Sept. Great Koi Round Up :)
Once I get my big pond set up, just ship a few fry my way!

Ask a Question