Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Power went out today so got on bike and road down the street to find this:
IMG_9158.JPG

Must have been going darn fast to knock that pole over. Our power is still out but generator and Comcast internet is still working.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Richard my fire fighter friend came out and got a few lillies from me as well as like 6 pond quality fish. He’s willing to help me with the metal frames for my bog! So once I get around to being able to get those out, we’ll haul them to his work shop and he’ll cut and weld and set it up for me!

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Took kitty to vets for a dental cleaning- He's 8 years old and is showing signs of kidney issues. 3 extractions plus bloodwork, IVs and pain meds. Thank goodness for Care Credit!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Sitting outside with pups sprawled at my feet, had a coughing fit, looked back down and had a snake at my foot. A brave grass snake had sidled up beside me, took a look around, then decided puppy cuddles probably wouldn’t be comfy, so it took off. Didn’t have my phone to take a picture of it, but I did of the pups later. The snake was right against my foot just to the left of where the pups are in the picture. Sad news, my mini pond was sinking, so we had to drain it, doing so I noticed I was short a shubinkin, found it dead caught in the folds of the liner. But I discovered all three of my comet commons are male! They’ve got the breeding bumps on their gill covers. So I’m down to three full grown males, one shubinkin not quite full sized, and a few dozen of last years babies. My step son is coming up, and I’m adamant we get the pool moved and set up so I can get them in it, reserving the various totes for other fish!

Attachments

• 8C443A64-FC1E-4647-B52D-487DECEBE92F.jpeg
    8C443A64-FC1E-4647-B52D-487DECEBE92F.jpeg
    259.9 KB · Views: 77

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Pulled the last of the honey supers here at our home hives................about died.................heat index 96, we were only out there for about 1.5 hours. Got heat sick again.

Only have a few more to pull but need to now inspect, treat for mites, etc etc etc. Next year we are going to have one bee yard less and fewer hives.

We enjoy doing this, but now realizing it is consuming our lives.....................so cutting back, next year.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
If I lived closer, I’d give you a hand so I could learn bee keeping, and offer to take a hive! The last of my bees are gone, I don’t know if weather, bugs, lack of queen, or other issues did it.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Lack of queen, if she is not laying constantly the hive dies off in about 40-50ish days, dependent on how old the last brood is.
If I lived closer, I’d give you a hand so I could learn bee keeping, and offer to take a hive! The last of my bees are gone, I don’t know if weather, bugs, lack of queen, or other issues did it.
It is interesting and fun in a way, but we have tooooooooooooooo many hives this year. Too successful in raising queens. So once we had a good queen we couldn't kill her so we made a new hive, made 5 hives with our new queens. And a friend moving gave us two swarm hives. So now overload, reduce reduce reduce. We can merge weak hives, merge queenless hives and you always lose a few over winter.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
The pond has begun. Step son says his army evil said he needed to learn to dig better, so he’s digging my pond. he thinks he’ll be done by Friday.... a half circle 14 ft across with steps going down to 36 inches or 4 ft, ish, I think he’ll get a good start!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That looks so great! Love the boat and the flowers.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Went to a small car show today. Checked out some of the classic and unique cars. Other than that, I didn't accomplish much today.

Ask a Question