Whatcha doing today?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I finally have some time to stop by and catch up (as if it was even possible)

Working on the courtyard walls has been a hard lengthy project!
To make it even worse, we thought we were at a safe distance, but the dust from cutting cinder block still reached both ponds and messed up the PH causing string algae.
Thankfully it's getting better now, and I'm so proud of myself for resisting temptation to use algaecide... I kept hearing a few of you whispering in my ears : "
smnono.gif
Don't do it!
smnono.gif
Don't do it!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Gemma, you're right! After the weather earlier in the day the rain felt chilly particularly when it carried some small hail. It was sunny to our left and purple/black to our right (west). We knew something was coming. After it all went through we had a bright sunset and picked up .82" of free pond water!:)

Addy, your husband and I have something in common! I watch our Craig's list and a couple other sites just to see what's out there. This is a dangerous thing to do! For about 14 years I've had a '68 Chevy C20 flatbed Dually that I rebuilt from the ground up, but still keep an eye out for the unusual. Last year an '81 Chevy G10 short bodied van followed me home shag carpet and all! It was absolutely stock ('cept the carpet) with no rust which is a miracle in itself up here where they cover the roads with sand and salt in the winter. Things were a little cool around the house for a couple of days, but I promised my wife I would feed it, run it, take care of it and even pay the bills if it got sick. The van and I are still living here, so I guess we're OK. I do believe if I bring home another stray, the van may be my address though! :happy:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
followed me home

your wife has it easy..............these followed him home
86, 88, C4's 2003 50th anniversary C5 corvette, also 87 z28, 2000 z28, 2013 ss Camaro, 3 formula firebirds, 82, 84
and 2 vw bugs, 2 , 1999 and 1983 custom vans, 2 jeeps....................................... not all tagged!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
That's quite the group of wheels! Does your husband flip them or do they become residents?
I can't wait for my wife to get home and tell her how lucky she is! :happy:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I’d be fine if my hubby brought home some nice old vehicles, but we lack the $ for that. I like old steel bodies, 350 engines, and American muscle. I miss my old 84 Buick Electra town car, the only time I worried in her was when I was sleeping in the back seat and a tornado was too close. I could comfortably sleep in the back seat of that car as the building my unit had for us to sleep in was too cold for me! When 2 tons of car start rocking, tornado sirens are going off, it’s time for pucker factor!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That's quite the group of wheels! Does your husband flip them or do they become residents?
I can't wait for my wife to get home and tell her how lucky she is! :happy:
They are all residents. ..........and that is not counting the boats he has picked up. One from previous marriage, rest from the years since we have been together. Luckily we have land and are rural, most of the cars and etc are out of sight.
Oh and a RV trailer and a motorhome...................

It would take us years to move out of this house, years and a lot of sales.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Today extracted honey all day, we pulled the rest of the honey frames...................I am so tired of honey! But it is so darn good! Another few days of extracting then we weigh the buckets see how we did this year.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ran to emergency vet today for our little pup, she had one of her HGE attacks and wanted them to check her out whether she needed fluids. Back home and have her on some meds and special food so hopefully we get her back on track.

And also worked today but am lucky to work from home.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ran to emergency vet today for our little pup, she had one of her HGE attacks and wanted them to check her out whether she needed fluids. Back home and have her on some meds and special food so hopefully we get her back on track.

And also worked today but am lucky to work from home.

Sorry about your pup, I've been through the same thing with our latest addition to the family. She was so sick I thought she was going to die. Had to take her to emergency vet. That bill alone was almost $1,000 and she still had to see her regular vet a few days after the ER visit. Another few hundred or so.....At least she got better though. We still don't know for certain what caused it.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Sorry about your pup, I've been through the same thing with our latest addition to the family. She was so sick I thought she was going to die. Had to take her to emergency vet. That bill alone was almost $1,000 and she still had to see her regular vet a few days after the ER visit. Another few hundred or so.....At least she got better though. We still don't know for certain what caused it.

Thanks, she is doing better but these bouts of HGE come every few months or so. She gets a homemade diet and we are going to slowly change things up a bit as well as split her dinner from a feeding at 4:30pm to smaller and another feeding just before bed. Hopefully this will keep it in check better as dogs stomach is empty after 12hrs so that may be the issue. As for vet bills, yes they can be high and mount very quickly. We have insurance now and have had for a number of years and it has worked very well for us (Healthy Paws). We got it after spending thousands on our other angels who have since left us.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I woke to rain! I don’t want any more, this stuff all needs to blow south west! Big thunder directly over head. Pups are crying, I’ll have to go out and make sure fish aren’t over flowing, and calm a bunch of wet pups.

Ask a Question