Whatcha doing today?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
We’re stuck in a rut here. The bare minimum gets done, and projects aren’t finished. So I’m going to make it happen, even if I end up doing it myself. I have an idea of how I want this place, I just have to push a bit to get it there.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Rentals get better treatment than our house...................so once rentals are gone, our house is first!

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I spent much of the afternoon watching nature in my backyard.

IMG_9697 copy.jpg

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We just came back from picking up our honey entries from the Howard County Fair. So tickled! Five ribbons!
Of course my friend, Phil, won first again on the light extracted honey! He always wins! Very friendly competition.
Almost had a sweep!
IMG_3570.jpg

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I was surprised, to me nothing was right....................... we are off base this year. I was shocked we won so many 1st places.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
All your hard work is paying off @addy1 oh and of course the bees get some credit also :joyful:
They get a lot of credit, the comb has to be perfect, the chunk honey no pollen, the liquid honey low moisture all done by them. The creamed is my doing, but again they make the honey I use to make the creamed.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yep but you feed them the superfood and have all the right bee plants for them to suck up and you doctor their needs and fix them up when they have issues. It takes a team! How come this guy gets 1st place for that one kind. Wonder what he does to it? Maybe he slips in a bit of Vermouth,lol!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
He has been entering for years, the bottle has to be perfect, not one bit of smudge, no bubbles in the honey, the right moisture content, the right taste, perfect filling level. I have won a few times he has been second we bounce back and forth. He tends to win more than me.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Finally had to have my wedding ring cut off, finger hurting from how tight it had gotten, darn arthritis. It has been hurting all day as the tissue expands again.
Dear hubby is working with the jeweler to design a new one using my diamond. A real nice family run jeweler been in business been around since 1979.
They say there is a new band that is made to expand to get over the enlarged knuckle then lock shut. So we are getting that ow I have no clue what he is planning.
We went to pick up my hubby designed ring, he sure surprised me. Even didn't let me see it as he put it back on my finger. I was floored, shocked surprise and thrilled.....................guess he loves me!
My wedding diamond is on the right nearest to the heart.

Ask a Question