addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Geez @JamieB you need to quit drinking!......................just kidding. Glad you are still in decent shape except for some pain.

We moved hives today, I had help from a lady living where they used to be and help from a guy where we moved them to. Hubby is on restrictions right now lol.

Took about 3.5 hours. Bees don't like being locked down and move d. Dear hubby was watching a bit away and got stung x3, me no stings! Yeah!

20190726_094322.jpg
20190726_094452.jpg

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Whew, what a job, glad you had help!
Yeah there is no way I can lift a hive by myself, we are talking around 100 plus lbs, around 3-4 feet tall and awkward.

With two of us I lift one side they lift the other than we carefully get it moved. No dropping, we do have it tightly strapped together.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Yesterday was a bad luck day for me. I’m hoping today isn’t jinxed too. I have to go in to work for two hours cause we have a rodeo going on and need the extra register open, if my bad luck holds, we might get robbed, or I’ll break something vital! Last time I had a jinxed day, I shattered a glass panel on the hot box that we keep hot fried foods in. Hopefully a fan upside the head used up all my jinx.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
This morning I was outside and heard the loudest train horn ever. I knew right away it was a steam engine. Turns out, it's the largest and oldest steam locomotive in the world. I had no idea it was rolling through. Pretty bummed that I didn't get to see it, but I'm glad I got to hear it, at least!

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
My cats pay no attention to the fish on the cameras. Addy, hope nothing serious with hubby. Mines on light duty as well for upper and lower gi series tests today. Guess I don't get weekend off!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
A bit serious, on total restrictions for the past few weeks and at least another month. Then hopefully a fix it procedure.
My cats pay no attention to the fish on the cameras. Addy, hope nothing serious with hubby. Mines on light duty as well for upper and lower gi series tests today. Guess I don't get weekend off!
I get no time off, the house, pond, yard, bees and anything else is mine to care for.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Just got back from the Milwaukee air show! What a blast! A few of the schedule performers didn't show, but that's common for Milwaukee. Had a blast, and just thankful for no fog. Had fog issues two of the last three or four years. I'll make a post and share some photos tomorrow.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
A bit serious, on total restrictions for the past few weeks and at least another month. Then hopefully a fix it procedure.

I get no time off, the house, pond, yard, bees and anything else is mine to care for.

Hope things get better soon! I guess winter will be a good rest time. Only the house and hubby honey to care for.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yeah I almost can't wait for winter, but then we have two rentals we are selling. this fall/winter, hopefully................tired of tenants, want a easier life. So a bit of fix up work, then on the market as fast as possible

Ask a Question