water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yay @addy1 you can rest up for Spring!
lol sort of, right now feeding them, currently up to 1200 lbs of sugar...................... Then mite treatment, then insulation for the lids, then adding sugar blocks, then sort of DONE for the winter, until we check and they are out of food.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I'm relaxing today after catching all the baby koi yesterday....plum wore me out ! I'm looking forward to feeding them this evening, as I didn't feed them yesterday, they were too unsettled.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
1200 lbs, yikes!
yeah little pigs................ if we don't feed they can starve. We don't have the best nectar flow here.
Golden rod blooming, bees all over it! I let it grow everywhere.
20190919_134307.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
We just planted quite a bit of golden rod in combination with purple astors and I notice the bees love it !

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I’ve got a sick pup, not sure what she got into, but I’ve been trying to push activated charcoal. No clue what she may have ate/drank, but she’s not doing great.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
She developed a tremble, so I thought low blood sugar till she had a full on seizure, so now I’m thinking some kind of toxin. Loud noises and other excessive sensory input seem to cause more seizures. Every time I think she want make it, she proves me wrong. Took her out to potty, and she walked off in assisted to hide under the porch. Now she’s trying to get back in with her siblings.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Can you get her to your vet for an evaluation ?
No money for that. The bills are most of my check, feeding the glutton pups, and groceries ate all but $3. All the vets around here are payment due at time of service. I’ll just have to keep doctoring her myself, and hope she pulls thru. If it gets worse, I’ll put her down, but if she stays shaky, I’ll keep her and name her Martini! Bond style, shaken, not stirred. And see about getting her to a vet when I do have money. This years flooding brought all kinds of random things to out yard, plus who knows what from farming, spraying, idiots from town, maybe a toad? Or mushroom? She’s the only one who is showing these symptoms, so I’m inclined to think she chewed/ licked/ ingested something semi toxic, so we are keeping her fed on baby food/ puppy milk mix, plus pedialyte, and water. I had the baby grain and apple sauce from hand feeding baby birds, and just hope it gets enough sugars into her system to get her thru.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Martini is doing ok, she was outside from 3pm till I got home around11.The guys left her out with her siblings, and I brought her in for the night. A bit upset they didn’t bring her in, but as I didn’t specifically tell them to, I won’t get anywhere complaining. Some days they all frustrate me! But on a positive note, I think we were able to get what she needed in her in time to save her, and she will just need time and maybe special food to get back to good health.

Ask a Question