Whatcha doing today?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Cleaning pond filters and fixing the ditch dirt that all the rain messed up.
@JamieB So nice of you to save the kitty's! Hope you can catch the oj one. How are all your other cats doing? I know some were having illness issues. Hope they are all well now.
Oj was on my car at work at one point, but won’t let me near her yet. We are down to 6 outside cats, one inside, plus Allegra now. And the mice know the one inside believes she’s an Egyptian goddess, and hunting is below her. So I’m hoping Allegra hunts. Cheeky things run all over, tried to play tug of war with the blanket on my bed while my hubby was trying to sleep. Allegra is more concerned with getting caught up on missed pets and loving than in mice right now.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Lost Xfinity internet, phone and tv this morning. Back on now. Rained again and made little rivers through our dirt ditch again which I will need to fix again. Once the grass takes hold it will stabilize.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Brought in all my guppies, both adult females look pregnant! And I’ve got a young male with the pale blue color, and several that are starting to show the orange colors, especially on the tail. My two days off haven’t been productive, I’ve had a wretched headache and case of lazies!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
and case of lazies!
It is allowed!

I spent two days bagging stuff I hauled from AZ and have never used worn, touched since the move. Have a pick up scheduled in two weeks, got more to purge! I am in the purge mood.....................Hubby better watch out! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I've been purging for several years now. I've never been much of a saver, but things do start to collect if you stay in one place long enough. After the agony of sorting and packing up my mom to move out of her house two years ago I promised myself I wouldn't do that to my kids. I only want to have the stuff I actually need and use in my house. Everything else can go to someone who can use it. I'm eyeballing my closet again for summer clothes that I never put on this year - out it goes!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I'm healing from getting squished up against the bars in a horse pen. Was helping a friend while she was bandaging her horse's leg. I was holding the horse still and that went well till she got out the squirt bottle and sprayed a few spots on his chest. He didn't react well to that and wanted out. I was in front of the closed gate cornered w/no way out. Horses are quite strong but my friend was able to get him away from me pretty fast. Resulted in bruised ribs. Hurts when I cough and move certain ways but not horrendous. I will live!
Remember this was Friday the 13th!

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Watching the flybys today. Helicopter rides in the nearby park. It comes in so low I think some of my neighbor's trees might get trimmed. :LOL:

IMG_1666 copy.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Lol, I cracked a joke to one of my customers that I know raises horses, about borrowing one when we flood again. We may end up fostering one to fatten her up, she’s a second hand rescue he bought that needs feeding up. For the use of our land, he’ll be fixing the fence, and I’ll get to ride her. We may end up letting him use our land in return for the horse/ horses being a self mulching mower/ ride to dryer ground in high water. It’d put the unused land to use, and help both of us out, us by keeping grass down, him by free grazing and some socializing for his horses. I’d also get fertilizer for my garden! I’m a bit horse crazy, I miss being able to ride, so that would be excellent. Exercise, mowing, fertilizer, and helping someone all work for me, while he gets free grazing, more space, and some help with the training, which as he sell the horses he raises, would help him. The horse we are talking about fostering first is one he bought for his wife, she’s under weight, and recovering from injuries, so a nice calm place with a ton of grass, plus what ever treats I may give her, would help the horse fill out! I’m excited, and hope it works out.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That would be great!

Record heat on Wednesday, 97, wearing sweaters on Sat.

I spent part of the day making favors for a renewal wedding. They have been married 30 years. I never charge much, mainly enough for the supplies and a bit for the honey. Never charge for time. Very nice older lady, well younger than me lol.
20190915_171049.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Sad bit of news here, dads cat passed away. She hadn’t shown any signs previously, till she was too far gone to do anything, but I suspect kidney failure. She was older, but not old. 8 or 9. Dads hurting, she was the last pet from when they first moved here. And he lost his deceased wife’s dog to old age and infection earlier this year too.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
So sorry to hear. It breaks your heart to lose your fur baby, or bird baby, or fish baby.....................

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yes so hard to lose them. I have one cat left and she just turned 16 in July. I will miss her dearly when she goes.
@JamieB sorry for your dad's and your loss.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Today I spent cleaning, and listening to audio book. Worked on my guppy tank a bit, my diy filter clogged, so I’ll have to tweak that design till it’s better. I don’t want it to catch fresh guppy fry, but the guppies keep nibbling the roots off the duck weed and that clogged the filter intake. That part is a perforated plastic bottle full of various filter media and pebbles, with a hang on back filter inlet in it, topped by poly filler around the intake. It’s drawing most of it’s water through the poly, so I need to drill more intake holes, and improve where/ how it’s pulling water.
I’m thinking with cooler weather around the corner, I need to bring my bettas in. I’ll put them in my 10g tank, with a few of the smaller water lillies, and I’ll probably move most of the duck weed to that tank. But I debate on location for that tank. Bedroom won’t get much light, coffee table doesn’t have a good access to electricity, and beside the big tank would take a lot of draining water, then shifting, refilling. Something got some of my betta females, I’m down to two or three plus the male.
I’ve been doing a lot of house work today, I think it’s bed time, I’ll work on the ideas tomorrow!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Three more farmers markets and all is put away for the winter! This time of year looking forward to that!

A lot of our customers are picking up the two lb bottles, 2 to 4 of them, stocking up. We do deliver during the winter, but I tell them buy and freeze the honey, it does fine that way.

Ask a Question