Whatcha doing today?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Well, I did it again! Found three kittens dumped off at work, brought them home, bathed them, and now I’m working on warming the smallest. Gave dad the black boy to care for since his cat passed away, John took the orange boy, and my husband claimed the little tortie girl. She’s much smaller than the boys, and the fleas are worse on her. She’s so skinny! I think I’ll have a challenge to keep her alive. She will be getting formula in addition to unlimited food on offer, plus I’ll be offering her red meat. And momma cat outside may still be making milk, so she will be brought in to see if she will feed them. Saying they will nurse, that is. I almost think that Ryder as I named the torti, is younger, from a different litter.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
You have a heart of gold! Good luck with your new charges

Feeding the bee pigs again today and hiding from the darn heat................

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
So far, kittens are good. The black one stole dads heart by attacking his boots, it was way too funny watching him pretend dads boot was a vicious mouse, then apparently after I left, he pinned dad, waited till dad was reclined in his chair, then pounced, and planted both front paws on his chest, and stared him down, then curled up for a nap! Dads name is Bob, so the guys have named him bob cat, until dad actually picks a name.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Oh boy the start of a new pond dig! @JamieB
Bet you are so excited!
I’ve been kinda started for a while, my older step son said he’d dig it, made just enough of a pit that I twisted my ankle once after the grass grew back. I’ll be excited when I get the liner in, and have it filled! Until then, I’m not holding my breath cause this has been pushed back so much.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
So I decided what I want for Christmas. Depending on how things go, either dad or hubby will have to buy it. If dad doesn’t get the truck fixed first, I’ll have hubby spend my portion of my Christmas fund on getting the truck fixed, so then dad will have to get me the pond pump. I’m strongly eyeballing the Alpine Ecosphere pond pump. I’ve heard only good about the laguna max’s, but it’s not submersible from what I was seeing, and I want as little out of the pond as possible, due to critters chewing cords, and how/ where my pond will be located. I lost the last of my goldfish due to heat wave we had, so once I’ve got the new pond established well, I’ll be starting over. I’m thinking 5-10 shubinkin and 1 butterfly koi, but that won’t be till spring at earliest. I may leave the pond empty longer, just to see how it floods with the rains, but I do want something in there to eat the many, many, many!, misquitos that like that area. So may put a good population of my guppies in there, and keep the best looking for my aquarium, bringing in any pretties I see and can catch. That would reduce chances that the heron finds it before I get a net up. I’m liking that idea more and more as I think it over. If the guppies get flooded out, they’ll be food quick like, where goldfish getting free would possibly harm environment. But if I get 3 shubinkin babies, set them up in the mini pond, qt and grow out, they’d be ready after the floods have tested the pond. ( insert deep thought/ plotting look!) Then, the next year, I can continue to improve the area around, fine tune the bog, etc.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I have a submersible Laguna Max and it is just fine. It's the 4280 model. This is the one I have only I took the cage off around it cuz I hooked it up to a hose that goes to my pre-filter and then the outflow goes to my water fall. https://webbsonline.com/Item/28256

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Went back to playing Red Dead Redemption 2 for the first time since last winter.
I've missed this game, but wanted to give it a break over summer so I could play it all over again as the weather starts getting ugly.

PhotoByJB_RedDeadRedemption2_20191002_01-24-35.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Today I tackled cutting back the huge "NEVER bloom hydrangea" next to the pond to make a space for a small bog :)
Vroom vroom chainsaws! If this rain and my headache stop together long enough, I’ll be weed eating, especially all the weeds that popped up where my pond will grow. I’m rather not happy with all that. I’d tried to tell the guys no when my step son said he’d dig it, by hand, in under a week. I ended up with more of a mess. But they didn’t listen to the one who’s been researching ponds, no, I’m just the one who does go over there, and it’s only my plans they mucked up. Sorry, it’s soggy, cool, and I’m a bit grouchy.
On a good note, my three rescues are doing good. Ryder is becoming my little cuddle kitty, and I’ve learned she’s very fussy about a clean litter box. Dads kitty Spooky is much more apt to purr, and play, and john named the ginger Aslan. Ryder will need another bath soon to reduce her fleas, but she purred when I checked on her first thing this morning when my headache woke me.

Ask a Question