Whatcha doing today?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Today, our job we had lined up is on hold. So sitting around with cold toes while one of the kittens warms dads toes! I’ve fed my fry, which reminds me. Is there a subject matter expert on culling comet goldfish on here? I need to know if the ones I have need culled based on physical defects, things that will make them have problems later. I don’t care about color, but I don’t know what might indicate problems for them later in life.

Attachments

• 93AC9505-B54F-4C92-B488-B274E3729ADD.jpeg
    93AC9505-B54F-4C92-B488-B274E3729ADD.jpeg
    92.6 KB · Views: 133

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I depends on what the problem is .Sometimes they never bother them and they turn out to be the prettiest fish .My fish are mutts ,some type of mixed koi and all the babies have flowing tails and fins and have turned out to be the prettiest .I had people who took 2 with deformed tails that seem to have gone back to normal and they are now over 5 years old

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I’ve got 10 or 11 that I brought in from the pond, as they were a late season spawn. Little guys are maybe 1/2 inch I’d guess. No real color yet. So natural selection has already weeded out most of them. I’m just wondering if these are all going to develop into healthy fish, no jacked up fins, stuff like that. There are two or three that are noticeably larger than the others, and a few that are a bit smaller. I feed them plenty to be sure all get their fill, so unless I had multiple spawns a few days apart, I’m guessing some are just slower growers. But if someone here can tell me what to look for, traits that indicate what might become an unfit for pond life fish, I’ll know it needs an aquarium life. I’m a sucker for the under dog, no matter what kind of animal it is! I’ve got two big aquariums I can set up if needed, but for now I’ve got them in like a 5 gal with plenty of natural substrate going on, that was my plant aquarium, so natural stuff of all kinds in there. Sadly, my black thumb struck, and those plants died. So I might bring in a small chunk of water iris to grow in there.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Walked in the rain and sitting here now rolling my foot on a golf ball. Might drag the Christmas tree down and set it up, put the wreath out and call it good.

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Took 2 of my 3 finals today! Lawdy I can't wait for this semester to be over with.
Of course then it will be winter and there will be no pond talk.
Shucks.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
put up x and o's on the front porch with christmas lights ,hugs and kisses christmas .I decided to give the world a little love

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Worked hard sitting on the beach............... did walk from the hotel a whole 2.5 miles.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I'm "window shopping" online
OMG....them kids are getting more and more expensive each Christmas:eek:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Started leaf round up part 2. After 6hrs called it a day. Will finish up tommorow or so. Part one only took 4hrs. Based on leaves still hanging got 1 more round.

Now it's a few beers fire place and Netflix with the better half.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Got all the lights up on the house yesterday, extension cords run and everything lit. Today- lights on shed and reindeer, sleigh and tree sculptures. Then hopefully I can get back to getting ponds ready for winter. Snow coming this week!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I'm just hanging around...watching koi videos on youtube, trying to decide what fish to add to my "must have" list of koi for the new pond

Ask a Question