sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Well lets see fixed 1 flat tire and it needs front end work on the bearings <Freaken pot hole .Then electric outlet needed replaced it was defective and then replaced a breaker ,mulched leaves with mower and washed all 3 vehicles and vacuumed them out and it is only 1 pm .Next have to replace the water line to the fridge after the copper line got a hole in it and ruined my floors .Insurance inspector coming this week .Going to get the new hose like the ones on the washing machine .Sub floor and flooring is buckled and they don't make the flooring any more .Sent pics to insurance company and they think about 8 thousand +dollars because all the flooring in the kitchen will need changed .Kitchen is 15 feet wide by 25 feet long .What a job .I have already looked at flooring online and boy has it gotten expensive since 2004 with installation.At least I only have a 200 hundred dollar deductable ;)Nothing is going right

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
leaf round up part 2. not even done yet... for this round
20171203_141538.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Gosh I used to rake my leaves onto tarps in NJ and use them all in my veggie garden .That soil would grow everything after years of that .Here I mulch them that stay on the lawn into great fertilizer for my lawn .Ride on mower makes fast work of them .In the city they collect them a compost them and everyone here can pick it up for free for gardens .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Poor @brokensword
upload_2017-12-3_13-10-37.gif

I am sad today. A young cougar visited the property of someone not too far from us a day or so ago and was trying desperately to get into their barn to get chickens. He got one. The people tried calling animal control but said not their job. So they called wildlife agencies and others. All said no, that the cat was too young to relocate and can't rehab as then it would be too familiar w/people caring for it. The guy at the property went outside to scare it away but the cat charged him. He yelled and fired two shots up in the air. The cat ran away but came back still trying to get in barn. The guy said the cat looked thin and no mother cat was around so he killed it today as he said it would slowly die of hunger. He took a video of it when it first came around and it has sound. So sad it had to die. He also said there is a 2nd one but so far it has not come back.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Poor @brokensword View attachment 106818

I am sad today. A young cougar visited the property of someone not too far from us a day or so ago and was trying desperately to get into their barn to get chickens. He got one. The people tried calling animal control but said not their job. So they called wildlife agencies and others. All said no, that the cat was too young to relocate and can't rehab as then it would be too familiar w/people caring for it. The guy at the property went outside to scare it away but the cat charged him. He yelled and fired two shots up in the air. The cat ran away but came back still trying to get in barn. The guy said the cat looked thin and no mother cat was around so he killed it today as he said it would slowly die of hunger. He took a video of it when it first came around and it has sound. So sad it had to die. He also said there is a 2nd one but so far it has not come back.

you'd think anyone growing anything in this modern society would be able have ample protection. I can see if its free range, but if I can keep deer out of my veggie garden, you'd think heavy enough fencing would protect the chickens. Guess this is what'll keep happening as Nature's kids are forced out. Very sad.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
This is what we are doing. Just finished our one task with one renter now on vaca again
20171203_170325.jpg
20171203_170120_HDR.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Gosh I used to rake my leaves onto tarps in NJ and use them all in my veggie garden .That soil would grow everything after years of that .Here I mulch them that stay on the lawn into great fertilizer for my lawn .Ride on mower makes fast work of them .In the city they collect them a compost them and everyone here can pick it up for free for gardens .
I pile them wife tarps n drags.

I need to reset the compost spot to many sticks made it in there to the point of no use. Also no need atm for compost. If I had more property things be different but first home etc.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Addy how was your renter .Called my insurance company today and they will cover everything .They are sending the adjuster and I gave them pics .All is covered under leek protection .Thanks to Brethern insurance in Hagerstown Maryland and all the help they gave me .

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
She is weak shaky, weighs maybe 70- 80 lbs
Health issues. Feels she can still live on her own. The house is clean. Cupboards full of expired food. Sort of a food hoarder.
Told her we would clean them out if she wanted us to.

We were thinking of selling the place. We decided to let her live there until she can't. It would destroy her to tell her she needed to move. The rent pays all the expenses.
We have her a note/list to give to her brother up north. We need verification as to how to handle her stuff and our stuff in the house would not be taken if something happens to her.

1\2 the stuff in there is ours. Partial furnished. Tv's etc . this was honies parents house.

We are back on vaca mode watching the waves
2017-12-04 12.04.40.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Great addy that she has you and your hubby .I got new fridge hose and insurance adjusters was here and they are going to replace all the floors in the kitchen and breakfast area .Got the 10 foot one but guess the 5 foot would have been long enough .Works great so far and only took me a few minutes to change it out
101_2460.JPG
101_2463.JPG

Ask a Question