Whatcha doing today?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
If the wind stays down, I’ll go burn trash in a while. Dad took the work truck to go get it serviced, and to see why the front end is messing up. I need to finish the piles of laundry, including washing, and then ironing my dress blues for the Christmas party. I Hate that uniform. Then if it’s nice enough outside this afternoon, I’ll go mow some more of the Johnson grass.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
:LOL: I hope I have a new arm when all this therapy is over and sometimes I could use 3! All I know is ortho doc said I have a tear in Labrum, bone spur off of shoulder, worn out this and that, a little arthritis, bursitis and a few other things I'm not sure what they are in between the ball of my shoulder thingy that cushions it when you move your shoulder. All Greek to me. Great thing is I don't need surgery but if therapy doesn't do it for me than next would be a cortisone shot which I do not want cuz @addy1 says those are very jump through the roof painful. I asked the ortho doc if this could be caused by a vaccination and I was surprised when she said some of it could have and said she has had other patients w/similar problems from vaccinations. Then when I went to the therapist whom I have been to before I had the MRI he said another guy just came in and said his arm/shoulder issues happened right when he got the shot. Therapist said I was the first one he ever heard of that could have had this happen by getting a vaccination, and now this guy was the 2nd and he told the 2nd guy about me but of course did not reveal my name. I guess if the shot isn't placed correctly it can go into the bursa area of you arm and cause lots of inflammation and interfere w/a lot of stuff. Anyway my stuff is all minimal damage and should be able to be corrected by therapy and I sure hope so! I have a few exercises I do at home too which will help. Oh and the latest and the greatest treatment now is stem therapy which appears to be working for many people. Trouble is a lot of insurance companies aren't hopping on that train yet. It is federally approved tho. Maybe in 10 yrs if it looks good for stem cell treatment results then it will be more available to all who need it through their insurance. So nobody wreck yourself up for 10 years!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
:LOL: I hope I have a new arm when all this therapy is over and sometimes I could use 3! All I know is ortho doc said I have a tear in Labrum, bone spur off of shoulder, worn out this and that, a little arthritis, bursitis and a few other things I'm not sure what they are in between the ball of my shoulder thingy that cushions it when you move your shoulder. All Greek to me. Great thing is I don't need surgery but if therapy doesn't do it for me than next would be a cortisone shot which I do not want cuz @addy1 says those are very jump through the roof painful. I asked the ortho doc if this could be caused by a vaccination and I was surprised when she said some of it could have and said she has had other patients w/similar problems from vaccinations. Then when I went to the therapist whom I have been to before I had the MRI he said another guy just came in and said his arm/shoulder issues happened right when he got the shot. Therapist said I was the first one he ever heard of that could have had this happen by getting a vaccination, and now this guy was the 2nd and he told the 2nd guy about me but of course did not reveal my name. I guess if the shot isn't placed correctly it can go into the bursa area of you arm and cause lots of inflammation and interfere w/a lot of stuff. Anyway my stuff is all minimal damage and should be able to be corrected by therapy and I sure hope so! I have a few exercises I do at home too which will help. Oh and the latest and the greatest treatment now is stem therapy which appears to be working for many people. Trouble is a lot of insurance companies aren't hopping on that train yet. It is federally approved tho. Maybe in 10 yrs if it looks good for stem cell treatment results then it will be more available to all who need it through their insurance. So nobody wreck yourself up for 10 years!
jw; my wife had what is called 'frozen shoulder' a couple of years ago and it was about as freaky as yours. No real idea from the docs how/why and it took over a year for the condition to subside. Not to say yours is the same, but sure sounds eerily similar. And funny thing is, I believe she got frozen shoulder FROM going to therapy for her knee. Go figure. They didn't do anything but said time would eventually help (which it did, but it was a long year).

Anyway good luck! Be saying a prayer for your arm...all three if you need it!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@brokensword prayers much appreciated and this has been going on since May 22, 2017 so it's been going on for almost 7 months now. Hope your wife made a full recovery.
When you have medicare tho they make you jump through all kinds of hoops before they allow you to get an MRI. Finally now w/the correct diagnosis I hope to be healed. Now tho I am very leery on getting shots in my arm.........................so you know what that means? :mooning: :LOL:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
@brokensword prayers much appreciated and this has been going on since May 22, 2017 so it's been going on for almost 7 months now. Hope your wife made a full recovery.
When you have medicare tho they make you jump through all kinds of hoops before they allow you to get an MRI. Finally now w/the correct diagnosis I hope to be healed. Now tho I am very leery on getting shots in my arm.........................so you know what that means? :mooning: :LOL:

Does it mean no more of this?

3395d177ff824e1c48998dc776b9a0f9.gif
Document.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@brokensword I've never shot a gun in my life and don't plan on it any time soon. A shot in the arm is not in my future either. I still need to get the 2nd half of my pneumonia shot by next May but it will not be in my arm!

By the way I stole your shooting man gif :whistle:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Hey today I am looking for an electric blanket, you know the kind w/dual controls so hubby and I can choose are own degree of roasting. Anybody have one that they really like?
upload_2017-12-5_13-13-20.gif

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Trying to find a good online Christmas music radio station that I can have running in the background.

Brokensword and jw, take it outside, eh? :p

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
If you get a list of the terms you don’t know, I’ll translate! The shots can cause inflammation if placed wrong, or you already have an issue near there. Take a Tylenol before getting your shot, and every 8 hrs for a day or two after if they do swell at the site.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
59DCA359-E648-4E20-8913-254BCBDEED75.jpeg 02F2B091-AA59-44D0-BF1D-97601D2B0B81.jpeg 8CD8CE1B-E1EE-4B6A-B0AE-F2815A366964.jpeg While burning trash, I decided to top off the pool, and pull most of the water iris that was floating. I grabbed 7 small shoots that were free floating and put them in with the fry inside. I’m still burning trash, and watching cats go nuts playing out here.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hey today I am looking for an electric blanket, you know the kind w/dual controls so hubby and I can choose are own degree of roasting. Anybody have one that they really like?
View attachment 106894
Hey jw, went searching but the only one I could find was this; seems a bit old fashioned but I bet it would work...

variable thermo bed - old fashioned type.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
:eek: Thanks a lot @brokensword I gave up looking for blankets as they are super expensive and some bad reviews. I'll just keep using my heated throw on my side of the bed. Heck I only leave it on to warm up for a few minutes anyways, then I get too warm. Not usually that cold here.

Ask a Question