Whatcha doing today?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I couldn't watch that crash until today when I saw him walking out of the hospital with his two girls. The fact that he's alive at all is a miracle - that was some spectacular crash.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We are retired! Need to start acting like it lol
Sorry Addy we have never met but from your posts it's pretty obvious you can just sit. if you found your self not busy you would more then likely find a new hobby to keep you busy. Besides staying active keeps the DR away

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
While some are screaming at Nascar for not doing more to protect the drivers i look at it this way while there is always more that we can do Look at what they have done. roll cages strength increased. accidents learned and now drivers have a massive horse collar around them. Dale Earnhart died from half the impact that Ryan Newman just took at 200 mph. The flip up panels that they have all over the cars to create drag and keep the cars on the ground work so good most people don't even notice them doing there things they pop up on there own and go down on there own they work great. Ok Ryan took air no sheet metal flap is going to stop that but even still look at a highway crash and whats left of the car. look at Ryans car what it went through at it could still be recognized as a car. And the fuel cell was clearly ripped open as the fire was obvious but because it's more like a radiator only allowing so much out at a time it to did it's job and helped him to be rescued. And i know i don't know half of what they have done to help make the cars safer. it's a dangerous sport unfortunately it's human nature the bigger the rush the faster the close to living at the edge the more some of us like it. To see him walking with his two little girls today is a testament to the sport as a whole is it perfect no. but for god sake they run at 200 miles per hour and literally push each other for drag . The average driver on the roads couldn't handle that at 30 mph. Way to go Ryan glad your ok very happy for you and your family. ....Way to go Nascar

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
shopping today and then putting shelves back in the pantry .I now have to hook up the overflow drain to outside since it has new technology that makes it self flush to remove sediment .Makes it a lot easier on me than having to do it 2 times a year .I think I may have to replace the self flushing water filter because of this ,but we will see ,I super flushed it 2 times today .Raining now and they are saying maybe a chance of snow tomorrow .But it has been so warm I cannot see it sticking .Zoey is probably smarter than any of us ,with all the new stuff in schools these days

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
While some are screaming at Nascar for not doing more to protect the drivers i look at it this way while there is always more that we can do Look at what they have done.

I think as far as safety goes, they've done great. I don't necessarily enjoy Daytona and Talladega, as there is always a much greater risk at those tracks, to drivers and to fans.

I think the biggest question now is about next year's new stock car and how it'll react with superspeedway racing, and how they'll hold up in a crash like Newman's.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Sorry Addy we have never met but from your posts it's pretty obvious you can just sit. if you found your self not busy you would more then likely find a new hobby to keep you busy. Besides staying active keeps the DR away
lol I assume you meant can't just sit. You are so right. We have 4 acres that I maintain. Mowing, ponds, gardens (well wild gardens) have a lot to keep me busy. We have had a huge hit with the bees, but still have 15 hives, more than enough. May lose 2-3 more, very weak hives, but sometimes they come back. We are giving them a chance. As long as the queen is there, there is a chance of survival.

With the 27hives we had last year I never even looked at the ponds. Except to say yep water still in them.................

B

Burd

I finally got my Bosch frige that was on backorder for months. It’s taller so now the small cabinet above
is too big. cutting it down and making a wine rack out of the cabinet

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I finally got my Bosch frige that was on backorder for months. It’s taller so now the small cabinet above
is too big. cutting it down and making a wine rack out of the cabinet
I did the same with the new fridge I used 4 ot copper wire to make the separations came out very unique and definitely does not look like what can we do to fix this. actually there's a pic in my pond build . under going for it 12000 gallon

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Installed a new bathroom sink today. Turned away for one minute and this happened. :LOL:
IMG_20200221_105401579.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I had some water that worked its way under my 48" waterfall rock so while the upper pond is drained I sealed it up with rapid set concrete. The waterfall foam apparently was not strong enough to hold back that much water. And then i set the log with the huge knot at the small waterfall. I love the idea not sure i like the over all look i'll fire some water at it tomorrow.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Gardening. Ankle is almost well, got computer work done with my foot up this week. Those lilies are comin out tomorrow so I can plant my yaupon holly

Attachments

• DSC_0655.JPG
    DSC_0655.JPG
    244.1 KB · Views: 99
  • DSC_0654.JPG
    DSC_0654.JPG
    164.7 KB · Views: 71
  • DSC_0653.JPG
    DSC_0653.JPG
    282.6 KB · Views: 53

Ask a Question