Whatcha doing today?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
2020. I’m so done with this year. I gave my cat a chunk of cheddar, since I didn’t have a mouse for him, and his uncanny self set it behind the fridge, and then kept checking to see if it baited any mice out. Ummm, my cat might have been human in a previous life and hasn’t quite forgotten all the higher brain functions like reasoning! If I had known he wouldn’t just eat it, I’d have filmed it. Then just now I caught the little female pup that likes hubby so much trying to climb his leg like a bear cub. No, no bears here, if we had them, I’d think her daddy might be part bear.
My last night at work! I’m sore, coming down with bronchitis, ( I know the symptoms, I get it almost every winter, and can taste and smell) so I’ll be happy walking out. But we are expecting ice and snow.

Reactions: j.w
Ad

Advertisements

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My last night at work! I’m sore, coming down with bronchitis, ( I know the symptoms, I get it almost every winter, and can taste and smell) so I’ll be happy walking out. But we are expecting ice and snow.
Happy last day of work! at least at that job!

Reaction score
Country
United States
I’ve got two days off, then I work two shifts, and leave the last morning for the last time as an employee there. So eager to be done. I’m counting down! They still haven’t got someone to do half the stuff I did regularly. And I refuse to continue hurting my health for that job. It feels so good to be able to sit down once I get home, hurting from my feet up to my neck, with extra pain in the knees and lower back.
my knee and lower back hurt every day. sometimes it was all i could do to make it thru work then it took all night to recover. it also sounds like you work 12 hour night shifts, witch sucks hard. i avoided all 12 hr shift jobs due to that. 12 hours on your feet is too long.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I H A T E H O L I D A Y S ................
Painted one bed room after repairing the ceiling from a limb puncturing the rubber roof. And all the water damage as a result.
Skim coated one bathroom, walls and ceiling.
Painted the hall walls and ceiling after touching up and mudding the destruction from years of kids.
Sanded down the hard wood floor in the kitchen shellacked the floor stained and three coats of VERY high viscosity pollyurethane. That's sticks to high hell Huffers are out of there minds. I'm high as a kite as the third coat just went on.
Painted the field stone foundation in the basement with UGL......Looks great ....what a bitch.......
Started painting the living room ceiling and skylights........................
All in under a week ugggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg woops wife says i have to change that in a week it's only been 5 days. feels like two months

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Well, I should be cleaning and unpacking (new apartment), but I just spend the better part of the last hour arguing with strangers on the internet about refrigerating condiments.... :D
I said it before i'll say it again. If i had one wish it would be to wipe out social media and go back to the days of hard lines and Gatherings with friends and family.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I H A T E H O L I D A Y S ................
Painted one bed room after repairing the ceiling from a limb puncturing the rubber roof. And all the water damage as a result.
Skim coated one bathroom, walls and ceiling.
Painted the hall walls and ceiling after touching up and mudding the destruction from years of kids.
Sanded down the hard wood floor in the kitchen shellacked the floor stained and three coats of VERY high viscosity pollyurethane. That's sticks to high hell Huffers are out of there minds. I'm high as a kite as the third coat just went on.
Painted the field stone foundation in the basement with UGL......Looks great ....what a bitch.......
Started painting the living room ceiling and skylights........................
All in under a week ugggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg woops wife says i have to change that in a week it's only been 5 days. feels like two months
Well once you’re done there, you should come visit us! I’ve got a nice long list of things needing done here!!! And I’ll pay you in puppies!
I just got back inside. Coyotes are hungry, and I had to bring two of the almost-adults in to treat wounds. Purple wound koat and superglue, cleaned one bite wound to the abdominal muscles with peroxide, went out to check the others, got mobbed by my cats, had to pet them, then when tossing bird seed out to the cardinals, got mobbed by the porch pups. Every one wants hi-moms attention. And my crud has just set up camp in my sinuses, right behind my eye. I can still taste and smell, much to my delight as I ate a bowl of chicken and rice soup earlier. I loaded my portion with garlic and onions as the guys don’t like onions. I’m disappointed how weak the garlic flavor was, I used several cloves, crushed then sliced, then sautéed with celery and onions. But it was tasty and filling.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Would love to work outside today; it is going to be beautiful. Instead we are scheduled to do "tastings" outside of The Artisan Exchange (one of our customers) in Milford, PA at the town's semi-annual Toast to Milford. Milford is a quaint, scenic town on the Delaware River in Northeast, PA.

http://milfordpa.us/

View attachment 105795

View attachment 105796

View attachment 105797
HI! Just joined the forum and was browsing around when I came across your post. Hi "neighbor"! I'm retired and living in Dingman's Ferry.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Another evening spent on Farming Simulator. :LOL:

Did some logging. I haven't made nearly enough to buy any logging equipment yet, so I've been using my chainsaw and my tractor.

PhotoByJB_FarmingSimulator19_20210106_02-46-45.jpg

I also finally saved up enough to buy a new harvester. There were a few that I was interested in but had to go with the Case. Hard to choose against my hometown brand.
PhotoByJB_FarmingSimulator19_20210105_22-46-33.jpg

Ad

Advertisements

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Helping hubby with his new ride, 2021 Honda Civic. Some of the options on this car are beyond my vehicle and some I didn't even know existed. I had posted Monday but forgot to hit Post Reply- again. He left work Sunday night and as always called to let me know he was on the way home. I heard a strange noise on his phone and it went silent. 20 minutes of panic to find out the noise was his car being totalled! He escaped with a few cuts and bruises, the car that hit him from behind never even stopped. Monday was filled with phone calls to police, insurance company, his work. Then off to clean out vehicle and go get a new vehicle. 2021 not starting out good!

Attachments

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Wow so happy he is ok! How could that car that hit him even drive after that hit.

The new cars are unreal with some of the safety tech etc. I was very happy with my 06 prius until I upgraded to a new car, still love my prius, but the new car is so much safer to drive.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
got oil changed in both trucks and now waiting for the mail lady and looking at new sliding glass doors for the house .The ones I have are metal and transfer cold .I don't want to spend alot and looked at lowes at the vinyl ones for 298 dollars .Does any one have vinly sliding doors and what is wrong or OK with them .These are double pane and so are the new ones and the windows I have in the house are vinyl also .I am just wondering abut warping or cracking of the vinyl with being opened and closed alot because of leaving dogs out

Ad

Advertisements

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Do deer have a sweet tooth, LOL!
lol there is stuff growing near them, weeds and whatever so she was coming for a snack! I have never seen them eat bees, the opossum usually is our dead bee cleaner.
Does any one have vinly sliding doors
We installed some in a rental years ago, no complaints so far.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@mrsclem Sorry to hear about your hubby's crash and how awful the person left the scene. Prolly a drunk! Glad to hear he will be fine. Hope he loves his new car!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I wanted to ask also addy since I bought new screen doors for my sliders do your doors have sliding screen door .I know I would like to use my new screen doors on these new doors but wonder if that outside track will hold them

Ad

Advertisements

Ask a Question