j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Went to Costco, they are giving out some samples now but you have to take them in a little bag and promise to eat them outside. Smoke is thick in the air here and makes you cough. Mask does no good!
Go away fires!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Ours is a problem for most companies, 14' off ground, no stairs. Hopefully it will stay sealed for several years.
I presume it’s accessed from inside the house? I noticed today I need to push to get ours worked on as there are two boards starting to push up.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Yes inside house access. Our property is on a huge slope so stairs were not possible. 20' ladders or larger going to be needed! As long as I don't have to do it, I'm fine! Tried sealing it 3 years ago, sealant just washed off.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Yes inside house access. Our property is on a huge slope so stairs were not possible. 20' ladders or larger going to be needed! As long as I don't have to do it, I'm fine! Tried sealing it 3 years ago, sealant just washed off.
Then it probably needed pressure washed first and or old sealant removed.

Today is another foggy wet morning. I got the paint and pea gravel for my mini indoor pond, but weather isn’t cooperating to allow the guys to clean the frame so I can set it up. I was a bad girl and bought two plants for the bog, a fern and a pothos. I think I’ll add some of the chives, I might try relocating a few other plants into it, but first I need to find where the cats hid the dustpan so I can finish sweeping that corner! My dustpan is completely missing!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Found it... on the other broom. That one of the guys had set where it doesn’t belong. Sorry cats! Floor is swept well now. Lots of dust from the litter boxes. Bout to prod hubby into helping me move the mini pond frame, I’ll probably be scrubbing it, and maybe get it painted soon. Then by my day off, I can see about getting it set up. I think I’ll need to set up a thread in pond build for that!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
My arms are sore from the work I did on the frame for the mini pond. I was so tired I could hardly eat, but I’m better now, still sore but better. I can finish the painting tonight or in the morning , but need to go to town for another can for the inside of it. I forgot how this type needs a thicker layer to achieve the hammered look. So if I’m lucky, I’ll get the painting done fairly early, give it 24 hrs, and get the liner in so it’s ready for water.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
First layer of paint inside is done. The photo shows spots I need to hit better than my eyes do! Thinking of trying a light coating of it on the outside of the liner, to hide the bleak black, it’s a very cheery aqua. It’ll depend on how much I have left!
Picture shows my Ziggy in the window, he ended up getting lost yesterday when I consented to let him out, and his almost sister Sky is supervising me in his stead.
0E33C1C5-17AF-4BF0-A888-0298D3DBDCA4.jpeg

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Cute kitty! I was cleaning the siding on the deck before they stain and seal. Managed to get a hornet nest wet. Its true, mad as a wet hornet! It got under my sleeve and got me 5-6 times before I got it out! Hives, swelling and itchy! Guess I'm done for the day, luckily I was just doing final rinse.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Cute kitty! I was cleaning the siding on the deck before they stain and seal. Managed to get a hornet nest wet. Its true, mad as a wet hornet! It got under my sleeve and got me 5-6 times before I got it out! Hives, swelling and itchy! Guess I'm done for the day, luckily I was just doing final rinse.
Put baking soda paste on it and pop a Benadryl. And warn the crew about it!

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Ya, allergic to Benadryl! Vinegar and meat tenderizer is what we always use. Found some Exema cream that's working for the itching. Nest will get wiped out later.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Ya, allergic to Benadryl! Vinegar and meat tenderizer is what we always use. Found some Exema cream that's working for the itching. Nest will get wiped out later.
If you start to develop a strong allergic reaction to anything at some point, pop tums like it’s your favorite candy and you can’t get enough, while waiting on emergency services. Tums inhibit the histamine pump which is in the stomach, but you have to be eating them like every 5-10 min or less for it to really help. Only good as a stop gap measure until you can get medical help, but since you are allergic to the most common antihistamine, something to keep in mind if you ever need it.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
My home remedies worked well, swelling down, itching stopped. still sore but I can deal with that. Think the hornet may have been a juvenile, just hatched. Nest I found had egg sacs that were open. Siding cleaned now just waiting for contractor to call and schedule work.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Our lil bear went to the vet today, his testicles were not dropping. Poor thing had one in his pelvis, one in his abdomen. He got two surgical scars. He is staying small, only 3.13 lbs today at 6 months. But as tall as Missy whom is 6.4 lbs.
He is still sleeping.
20200728_194041.jpg

Ask a Question