water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Like your tastes Addy love the patterns and color sceme

Spent the day covering the doors and drawers we brought home with us. Geez was that leopard skin stuff glued, stapled etc on, what a pain to remove.

Went to lowes for some wood we needed and found this carpet. Self stick carpet tiles, smoke gray, cut with sissors, remove paper it sticks great. So thrilled! One box is all we need to do all the work at the boat.
20200829_124316.jpg

Should marry up great with the tile we are using.
20200815_172353.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Y’all are talking heat wave, our is breaking, got a cold front moving in driving all kinds of bugs to come inside! And I think we have a family of cocaine addicted squirrels in our ceiling, I need to check the roof to try and find out how they got in. Sounds like cats playing in the ceiling, but all our cats were accounted for, sleeping. Could be field rats, fat mice, too noisy in foot falls for a bigger pest, as in lots of little foot falls instead of the pondering foot falls of a bigger animal

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Whew just a few more little cuts to do! Finished the living, kitchen area, hallway flooring. Refaced the cabinets.

Still have the small bedroom to finish a few more floor cuts and cabinets to cover right now a storage area of supplies. The top bunk drops to make a couch in there
20200320_183359.jpg

Before
20200812_131326.jpg
20200902_120829.jpg

The gap you can see is one of the hatch covers we had to fix, big storage pods in the boat floor

20200902_120841.jpg

the helpers!

20200831_091112.jpg

Had to add fiber board to the hatch covers so they would be the same level as the floor, three of them

20200831_094306.jpg

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
A lot of work but well worth it. Found 3 layers of carpet (pink and tan) here and there and two layers of vinyl flooring

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
So dyed my hair the other night. My cat is nuts over my hair now. Slept on my hair every chance he gets now, he snuggles in, try’s to groom my hair, acts like I’m growing cat nip in there! I took a bath, and he stepped out into my chest so he could check on my hair.
Meanwhile, Im trying to do the work of two full time jobs at work. Bout to message the boss once she’s up about some issues beyond my ability to address. The computer messed up, and that messes me up. I think I’m going to request some overlapping time on weekends so I can do the books easier, but I’ll be giving up one of the nights I work to manage that.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Did you dye it with catnip? lol
No, I used a typical red hair dye. I think he likes the scent. Have a short video of him attacking my hair, but apparently no picture of him sleeping on my hair. He’s very much a mommas boy, he meows at the door when I leave, he pouts when I get ready for work. If I am in a room, he wants to be in that room too, except when his girlfriend Sable is in, then she gets a share of his time. Funny thing is, Sable, as a dog, loves him just as much, and grooms him.

Attachments

• 13D208CF-6F4E-4551-82C8-189BB33CDEDA.jpeg
    13D208CF-6F4E-4551-82C8-189BB33CDEDA.jpeg
    143.4 KB · Views: 35

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Went shopping at Safeway. Got 5 dozen eggs and a jar of peanut butter all for 25 cents,lol! I had a free coupon for the peanut butter and a $5 off if you spend $5 and the eggs were $1.05 each. After taking off all the sales it came to 25 cents. The cashier just looked so shocked w/his big eyes open!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
We’ve got a cold front moving in soon, which means I need to bring in the outside guppies. Temps are expected to drop about 40 degrees in a day. I’ll be doing so tomorrow, the day before it all hits. Looks like the bettas will be getting tank mates! I may bring in my waterlillies too, though now that I’ve thought about bringing in fish, I may go start on it before bed.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
So I brought some in. Oh my, I’ve got some beauties out there! I also brought in duckweed and some string algae, just to give places for fish to hide. Posted on Facebook local marketplace I have guppies for sale. I’ll sort out feeder quality that aren’t good looking from the best build/ looks, and offer them much cheaper. Folks still have preditory fish and turtles, and unlike goldfish, guppies aren’t high in thimalyse, or whatever the compound is that messed up vitamin absorption. I’m still asking about half price from what a guppy would be at the store for the aquarium quality ones.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Today Mr. P and I visited @CountryEscape and her husband and got to see their new pond !! Wowser, it's gorgeous .....I could just sit pond side for hours listening to the sound and watching the beautiful fish glide through water as clear as glass ! Loved the plants growing successfully in their bog at the top of the waterfall....gives me ideas for next year :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
My rosemary is pitiful, but still alive! Unlike most of the other herbs. Except chives, those are blooming. I’m trying to not adopt another cat from work. She’s got a hurt rib, very friendly, and hungry. I fed her, pet her, and am trying not to end up taking her home. I guess she may just be lost. Out for a smoke break now, and she’s finally wandered away from my car. She was napping beside it. I hope she went home

Ask a Question