Whatcha doing today?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I ventured out today with my daughter to go to a town about an hour away and do some antique shopping. Much needed time out and away from home.

Chris, that little dog is so freaken cute.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Chris, that little dog is so freaken cute.
Our vet said when I picked him up he just gets cuter! He said he had to really look for the abdomen testicle, up near the kidney. We had kept hoping they would come down, but after he hit 5 months the chances were pretty close to nil.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Got my air pump and all the tubing pulled and put away for the winter. Got some netting up to catch the leaves that are falling already. Ordered new netting, seems like mine shrank while in storage. Window box bogs turned off so the plants can go dormant and be brought in, all tropicals.
Hoping to be closing out the one pond completely and next year it will be plants only and only 2' deep. Think I have a home for the current 12 residents!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
@addy1 glad this is over and he can recoup now and get back to his energetic non-stop mode!
We are giving him cbd dog treats which are helping keep him a lot calmer. He can't run jump etc for at least 10 days, he is so darn active this will take work. We have a pen, but he learned if he backed up, ran fast, he could climb up and out of the pen.

We might head to the boat a lot smaller area, easier to contain him. Each cut is right near his wheenie, both sides. It makes him feel like he needs to pee constantly. But just tiny drips.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Poor little fella!
Yeah but rather it is done than worry about them giving him cancer down the road. He is getting non stop attention by us, and our lil girl is getting the same you know jealousy!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
The odd thing is, I think Ziggy May have the same issue. Or they are just too small to feel. He’s got a few months before I get too concerned, but it may be a more expensive surgery to remove them than I was expecting.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The vet had to do basically two surgeries, one to locate the one in the pelvis, then a second surgery to find the one in the abdomen. The cost was 350 for the surgery, but add the drugs, short term hospital stay etc the total cost was 639. Well worth it to keep him healthy. I also got a micro chip implanted so remove 60 dollars for that and 3 days of pain meds which some people don't get, -36.00. That drops it to around 530ish.

I thought the same they were just too small, nope they just did not drop. He is staying tiny. 3.13 lbs right now at 6 months.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Awwwww, feel better soon Little Bear. What a relief to have it done and have him on the road to recovery :)

Thinking we're doing the koi round up tomorrow. We'll start draining the pond in early am when it's cool out. I think I'll trim back the lilies and swap out the nets and aerator for the winter....might as well get it done now.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
He is doing good. Thanks

Good luck with your round up!

I need to groom lilies soon, right now still blooming, but the water dropped to 53F over night, we dropped to 33f during the night. The bog chills the water really fast.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Amazing how two weeks ago we were still in the 90's

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The vet had to do basically two surgeries, one to locate the one in the pelvis, then a second surgery to find the one in the abdomen. The cost was 350 for the surgery, but add the drugs, short term hospital stay etc the total cost was 639. Well worth it to keep him healthy. I also got a micro chip implanted so remove 60 dollars for that and 3 days of pain meds which some people don't get, -36.00. That drops it to around 530ish.

I thought the same they were just too small, nope they just did not drop. He is staying tiny. 3.13 lbs right now at 6 months.
Glad to hear the little is doing better.

I have got to get put of this state . I bring in my golden for ear infection and walk out dumping 850. Highway robbery

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
@mrsclem , @Tula , give us a baby count when you do your round up!

I saw two baby fan tails in the hot tub pond. So neat, only 9 fantail adults, 300 gallons, so there is room for a few more.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Mine is a close down of one of my ponds due to structural issues. Going to post a thread once I get a time of pickup from new owners.

Ask a Question