water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The new wood looks nice, addy.
ummm it is foam carpet................. made to look like teak, non slippery, washable, made to be on a boat. I used spray adhesive even though it had a sticky back, but not sticky enough.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I waited all day for this fish to show up, grabbed a quick shot using my phone camera off the tv monitor. Neat white belly.
20200926_183236.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
road 2 hours to join a poker ride that was to go down the skyline drive in the Shenandoah Valley national park. We arived as the group of 300 or 400 bikes were leaving . N o time to refill another hr latter im out of gas and we lost the group. PULLED over for only 5 minutes and I would have thought we couldn't loose that many bikes but we did. Oh well we road the skyline alone on a rainy foggy day. Traveled a good 350 to 400 miles and it was DAMN good to see people refusing to wear a mask. Riding through small towns and yard sales and pumpkin festivals No masks Welcome back America

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
@addy1 is this fish in your pond or are you still at your boat?
It is in the pond, I have to see it a few times on the cam and had been watching trying to grab a shot. On the cam when it is daylight the dark is a lot darker, like a real dark gray. Its head is white also. The white stops right at its eyes.
20200926_183253.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Shubunkin? Or some other kind? Odd but nice colors. I’ve seen orange and white like that, but not dark grey

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have mainly shubbies with a few "normal" goldfish thrown in. A lot of pond bred ones. I am going to see if I can spot it in the pond, toss some food in. My water has gone back up to 66 from a low of 50.
Shubunkin? Or some other kind? Odd but nice colors. I’ve seen orange and white like that, but not dark grey

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Holy! So mini indoor pond was not quite full, I’d guess 80 gallons. Between evaporations, plants in the bog, cats drinking, and a leak that I collected in a bucket, I’ve lost around 70 gallons, in a week! I looked for other leaks, none. The one leak is less than a gallon, plus what ever evaporated from that. I didn’t know my air was that dry!

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Climbed back in the pond one last time to remove leaves, rocks and several airstones that had come loose. 3 layers of netting over it to keep critters out while we lower the walls.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
So I’m stuck in my assistant manager position. This weekend we had a freezer go out, stuff had to be moved, ice was left and melted into a lake. Yesterday I get called before I left that a repair guy should be there. Cool, I’ll have person A go mop up the water. But no, they are suffering a hangover. They didn’t do it. I left boss a note, person A saw that and text me all grumpy I left a note. Well first off snowflake, it says job not done due to upset stomach, hangover written down. 2nd, we document verbal councling in a note book. There was nothing on there that requires privacy, just a long list of issues like needing a new squeegee, soap dispenser not working, etc. and the details of that job not done. Person A made me mad, but I remain professional, and before sending my reply, let boss know. She tells me wait. Experience tells me she’s going to run it by her boss, who will be coming down with a much bigger smack down than person a is expecting. This person chose to drink an excessive amount and party to the point of having a hangover I could smell on her. That “ my body is trying to push alcohol out through my pores” scent. I have no sympathy when they do it to themselves. They tried calling in, and due to health issues, the boss couldn’t answer the phone, ( knocked out by allergy pill) and we don’t have staff to cover that at this time. So, to apply some malicious compliance, I’ll just leave a write up for her in the office next time. I’ll fill it out for the boss, have it ready just waiting for presentation and signature. That’s if the big boss doesn’t just do it.
Note to the employees, don’t poke the bear on her day off! And don’t take being burnt out as being a push over.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Sorry, grumpy and had to vent where it won’t get back to person A before the bosses get them. I was tired, and woke up after just a few hours of sleep to find that that just set me off. Since the boss and DM have me keeping the position, I’ll do that job, plus nag the boss to enforce the discipline rules, and if needed, I’ll get really grumpy and do the write ups myself. I told the boss if it starts impacting my health again, I’ll find a new job. I’ve had several strong job offers, but I mostly like this job, and most of my coworkers most of the time. I’m happy here. But I can turn into a disciplinarian if needed, and if I have to take their shift, I may loose sleep but it’s all money in my pocket.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Cut a plastic litter bin in half width wise, set at each end of my mini bog box, so if it is leaking, hopefully water will return to pond. Just turned pump back on, will check after I attempt to get more sleep. 3ish hours is not enough. But I’ve settled enough I should sleep.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Riding bike and mowing the lawn in warm, sunny temps! Summer is back,yay!
Tried to help a poor squirrel hit by a car but his back end was paralyzed and he died.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Lowed 6 tractor loads of tree/plant cuttings hauled to the back woods, the critters love the dead falls, mowed, picked of stuff that was dumped out of our RV trailer when we gave it to his son, got new tires on hubbies new old car, Subaru baja neat old car. The weather was beautiful, today we are getting a lot of rain.

Need to get grooming the lilies which are still blooming, pond right now 70 we climbed back up 20 degrees with the heat and sun that came back, which is leaving again.

Ask a Question