addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Today pulled carpet from our upstairs laundry room. We moved the laundry from the basement to the first floor when our other system died after 20 years, hauled it from Arizona. Bought a stack-able. I have been wanting to pull the carpet from the room. We had left over flooring from our boat project, hubby way over ordered. Left with the perfect amount for the laundry room.

SO much EASIER than the boat install. Straight walls, flat floor, minimal cuts! Got the carpet pulled, most of the floor laid, now need to do the cuts.

20200929_121333.jpg
20200929_150238.jpg

TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
@addy1 Holy cow! you really are a project person! That flooring looks amazing and is just perfect for a room like that. :)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I HATE carpet, we only have because hubby liked it, but it is all being removed, one room at a time. Our bedroom will be the worse, heavy old oak furniture.
The hallway is losing the carpet in the next few weeks, we bought, quite a while back, oak to put down. The same as what is in the living room.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I’m on a rampage now. Brand new loaf of sourdough bread, and that mouse got into it! The kitchen mouse must go! I cleaned and baited a snap trap, this one has worked on the average intelligence mice, but I’m hoping maybe with this new location, I’ll get the smart one.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Since the mouse ate the sourdough, I’m making bread. Trying my hand at brioche, or something like that, I’m loosely following a recipe I’ve used before but used milk instead of water, added egg, and worked in most of a stick of butter to the dough till it was well incorporated but very sticky. Thinking I’ll make two loaves out of it, one plain, the other with cinnamon nutmeg and sugar worked in for a sweet touch.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Home made bread came out good. Next attempt will be katchapuri, individual cheese bread boats with butter and a soft set egg on top. Dough is rising for that one, then I’ll put it in the fridge to slow rise so I can make for breakfast before I go to bed. If anyone is interested in that recipe, food wishes on YouTube.

Attachments

• 6DD9C8D9-943E-4F6F-81D6-A9A1E1210F91.jpeg
    6DD9C8D9-943E-4F6F-81D6-A9A1E1210F91.jpeg
    160.2 KB · Views: 20

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
A neighbor had both of his cars out today. I rarely see both at the same time, so I snuck a photo. :)
Gotta love seeing them! I'd love either one.
IMG_5056 copy.jpg

TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
Stopping by to say Hello, everyone... hope you're all doing good!

Happy Fall
I haven't existed here since you last were here, but I can say that it seems we have all been doing well, I have enjoyed reading your helpful posts!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I haven't existed here since you last were here, but I can say that it seems we have all been doing well, I have enjoyed reading your helpful posts!
Oh my, what a sweet and unexpected welcome back...Thank you!
smsmilewink.gif

I'm trying to catch up reading, I don't even know where to start, but I'm happy to be back
smcookies.gif

Ask a Question