Whatcha doing today?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
1A875A8C-F682-4E04-83D8-6A5D2C275D26.jpeg Um, im going to need a bigger container. That’s full, too full to cover, with just the three kinds of chocolate chip cookies. Maybe I’ll go buy one of those foil baking pans, and divide each kind with foil.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
have a big problem here 6 of them was 5 now 6 BUZZARDS OVERLOOKING MY YARD View attachment 106968 View attachment 106969
My mom has that same problem. If nothings dead, then you have two issues, one you might be able to fix, the other you can’t. Can fix- good roosts. That’s a spot they can sit and chill. Can’t fix- good thermals. My mom would shoot at them with a B.B. gun, afraid they’d try for her little yappy dogs. She tried an air horn, slingshot, you name it. It would only work for a short while. An ice storm took out a few trees, she took out some others, and it reduced their perches, so instead of 20 odd, she gets just a few. If they are just carrion vultures, you shouldn’t have much to worry about, but I’d say cover your pond with a net just in case, and watch small pets. I doubt they’d try for a live meal that can fight back, but better safe than sorry

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
As for my cookies, I need to tweak the brown butter recipe. They are basically sugar cookies, but you brown the butter, chill it till it’s workable, and use that. I used 1 part white sugar to 2 parts brown sugar, and added a spoonful of molasses. I like my cookies chewy. These almost had a shortbread texture, crisp, and too firm. The inside was soft, but I’m not happy with it. I’m sure others will be. I made the dough, and went to bed, only to stay up playing games on my phone till I got tired. Almost asleep, and my husband calls me to catch one of the outside cats that keeps sneaking in. So then back to games, till I did pass out. And that darn cat was back in this morning! Rawer.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
My son got hs paintball gun and shot up the tree and so far they have moved on .I hope they stay away but he has the paintball gun ready if they come back

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Lol any one want a cute fluffy cat? It’s pretty, but gets on counters and likes bread? I put up glue traps- the kind for catching mice. If it looses some fur, it’ll learn. The fear of having something stuck to it that it can’t get free from usually works to teach them no. I’ve had to do it several times to prevent unwanted critters on counters.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Hm, paint balls might work. Heavier ammo, a bit more omph on impact, and leaves a residue on their feathers. My moms moving up here in the spring, but I’ll keep that in mind.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
My cats used to get on the counters and solved that by putting staples through a piece of cardboard .That hurt and took them about a week before they stopped and never got on the counters again .I had 2 cats pussy galore and sylvester purrbody .I used my staple gun for insulation . He did not try to hit them but I guess just the sound of them and the splatter from the paint .If he hit them they are bright pink and bright green spotted birds flying around

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
The bread eater. Cute, friendly, but bad habit. Litter box trained, cause we brought it and siblings in when coyotes got too many others, but stupidity got all but one other. The survivors all know, lounge on, under on the ground, or away from vehicles. Not in tire wells or engine. I thump the engine hood before I start a vehicle, but we still lost three like that.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 104
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
My cats used to get on the counters and solved that by putting staples through a piece of cardboard .That hurt and took them about a week before they stopped and never got on the counters again .I had 2 cats pussy galore and sylvester purrbody .I used my staple gun for insulation . He did not try to hit them but I guess just the sound of them and the splatter from the paint .If he hit them they are bright pink and bright green spotted birds flying around
I’d have gone for body shots. They are big sturdy birds, they could take a round and be ok, just not to neck/ head/ legs.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I like the glue traps, it makes them think they are being attacked by an unknown, and often follows them away from there. Plus multi purpose, it catches bugs too! We’ve got spiders and flies, the cats are now actively hunting mice, but I caught one of those too. I. Hate cats on counters, I know where those paws have been.

Ask a Question