MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Trying to find a good online Christmas music radio station that I can have running in the background.

Brokensword and jw, take it outside, eh? :p

I have a subscription to Pandora, or you can try iHeart Radio. Both will have commercials unless you have a subscription. I play music all day long. I have 2 Google Homes, one upstairs, one downstairs, so no matter where I go in the house, I have music, or my talk shows.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Waiting for my new visa/costco card to get here. Ours was hacked by some chinese group, Started getting charges for $129 $149 etc from book stores, clothing stores in china. Small enough charges you might miss them on your statement.

I have email alerts on all of my cards, someone spends over $5 on one or $50 on another I get a alert. So caught the charges real quick. Killed my card, they are sending via overnight a new one.

Other then that doing some more beach sitting, we will walk over for our exercise lol, a total of 2.4 miles on flat flat flat land.
This is our first ever trip here where we are not remodeling or repairing or whatever to a rental. Many times we came down and never got to the beach. This time a true vacation with tons of beach sitting.

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Enjoy @addy1
b41d21015887c290c85a4b7127426111.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
JW- We have the same issue with cats not allowed near woodstove so put a sceen door on the basement and put a small corner fan in the doorway.

We keep her out of our bedroom at night cuz otherwise she would sit on our faces and holler all night at us to get up. If we put up a screen door to keep her out she would climb and holler. With the door shut at least we can't hear her as much. She thinks night time is party time :cat:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
@j.w I'd like to try making your Spritz butter cookies, would a stick of butter instead of a cup, do?
and do you eat them like that or decorate in some way?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@j.w I'd like to try making your Spritz butter cookies, would a stick of butter instead of a cup, do?
and do you eat them like that or decorate in some way?

If you use a stick of butter then that would be half what you need and the consistency would be messed up. Are you trying not to eat that much butter? If so just make the cookies smaller and eat less. I decorate w/red and green sugar sprinkles and I put the sprinkles on before I bake them so they stick. You don't have to add sprinkles or anything as they taste great w/o it. Just makes them look more festive. I suppose you could add food coloring to the dough also.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Are you trying not to eat that much butter? If so just make the cookies smaller and eat less. .
Lol I love your easy fix ways!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
but no, actually I was trying to figure out how to convert sticks in cups since that's how I purchase my butter

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@Gemma Ah ok so then two sticks equal one cup, there ya go! You also should soften the butter some or it will be too chunky when you try to cream it. Just let it soften on its own tho as heating it up might make it too soft and liquidy.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Room temperature creams best. Same for the eggs! The dough can always be chilled if need be, to prevent it from spreading too much, but that’s what I’ve learned as I baked. I’ll be making those cookies tonight or maybe tomorrow, I’m cleaning my car to trade it off right now. Holy crap, I forgot how much random stuff I had in there. Books, shoes, more books, gun cleaning kit, lots of loose change, all kinds of stuff!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Sadly the waterfall pump I’m trading the car for was smaller than I’d hoped, but it’ll work for my aquaponics idea. So he’s going to see if he’s got other pond stuff he can throw in to make it a more balanced trade. I’m giving him some duckweed to grow as well, but he refused my offer of more cats! I’ve got like 4 barn cats, I’d like to be rid of, and my two black and white girls need a new home cause we’ve got too many inside. The two boys have claimed us as their exclusive humans, and as my husband isn’t a big cat person, but secretly adores Pepper, I’m keeping him for sure! Then it’s on to getting any remaining females fixed, so no more babies!

Attachments

• C1045524-A31F-4FC7-A2AB-F0A0F61F90F1.jpeg
    C1045524-A31F-4FC7-A2AB-F0A0F61F90F1.jpeg
    129.4 KB · Views: 115
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
@Gemma Ah ok so then two sticks equal one cup, there ya go! You also should soften the butter some or it will be too chunky when you try to cream it. Just let it soften on its own tho as heating it up might make it too soft and liquidy.
thanks for the tips :)

Ask a Question