Whatcha doing today?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Tula; the leaves don't get caught inside the net dome? How far above the tuber would you say your fencing is? And is it stretched tight or is it loose?
[/QUO

No, the stems grow through the net, about 2-3 inches above the tuber. I do cut back all growth if repotting, but every other year I just add fresh litter to the top and push down some fertilizer tabs.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I seem to have wrenched my back. Husband and I just said it must be the cat sneaking in and beating us up in our sleep. Never mind the door stays closed, he ninjas in or something. ( he doesn’t, but we’ve decided to blame him!). I’m hopeful to get garden beds done soon, then chicken coop, then move the fence so I can have the coop and pond enclosed, then I can do my pond liner, and fill the pond!!! The pups have discovered the hole and like to play in it, I’m NOT about to risk a pup deciding to grab the liner and play tug of war. With the rain we had, I’ve got to go fix a few areas they uncovered and turned into muddy mess / collapsed steps, and I still need to dig out the bog edges along the sides.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Temps are 50-60s, I want it to go up about 10 degrees before I lay out the liner. It’s heavy duty and stiff, so I’ll let the sun work on softening it up for me. Get it in place, get the worst of the folds settled, then start filling. I’ll probably let it fill to the first step, give it a day to warm that oh so chilly well water, then work on fine tuning. Fill it more, and so on. I’m collecting moss already. Found some growing by the wood we are using to make raised garden beds. Collected it into a cup, need to set it up to multiply. And then I need to gather bits of other kinds, this is more shaggy less velvety.

B

Burd

Progress
image.jpg

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I love the built in shelves I did the same on a few of the baths I redid. Very nice job!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Tula, do you have koi and how many and how big?
I have 4 koi, 3 of them I've had around 17 years and the other one several years back....maybe 6 years ago. I haven't measured them, but they are easily at or over 2 feet. I remove the babies and re home them each year as my pond isn't big enough for more koi.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Did some minor garden maintenance around the pond and rain garden today. Watching the NASCAR race now.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
We put the hoops up that hold the wide weave net over the pond today! Looks really good as we spray painted the conduit black this year, so doesn't show up much against the black net.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Left out before sun rise, just got home. One of three tasks were completed, couldn’t move the trailer we planned to move, and didn’t get to bring the truck home cause dad was hurting. Came home to kitty birth in progress. 6 so far, and I expect more. So far, two calicos, two black and white, a grey and white, ( may have traces of orange, was still wet) and a ginger. I’ll be happy if they’re healthy, and most survive, she was such a small cat, stunted from issues as a kitten, and this is her first litter.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have seen a few horrible ones, the vision is still there in the brain. We watched a car flip once in front of us over and over.

Ask a Question