Whatcha doing today?

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Thanks. Tomorrow it's back to pond work. We set up a drain last year because my 3 barrel filter was getting washed out. Well now the 1st 2 barrels are overflowing as they are now lower than the last one! Darn gravity!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I'd rather be shoveling snow than cleaning house!

Same here. My husband keeps trying to talk me into getting someone to do the mowing and trim the hedges - I tell him to save that money and get me someone to clean my toilets and floors instead! I'll mow and trim allllll day long - no complaints!

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
We moved a friend up, she’s going to stay with us till she’s back on her feet. So today we got her stuff unloaded, her cats are settling in, her Great Dane is settling, the living room is stuffed full till we get it all sorted. Very excited about the Great Dane, he reminds me of my girl that passed away. One of her cats came from us, she’s very much like her mom! Fed the fish today, they were happy to get food. I’ll have to move the rest of my aquatic plants out soon.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Heading back down south again, the estate rep is flying in from Phoenix, we need to meet, go over damages, remove the rest of her belongings. Flights messed up due to noreaster and the airlines rescheduling canceled flights, so we are driving down flying back. He seems reasonable at this point.
This year has been insane.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Best of luck to ya @addy1 and bummer you have to go all the way down there again so soon! I guess it's better to get this all taken care of quick like before the money all disappears.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Labor and delivery: feline style. 3 new kittens, and labor has stalled. So far, two dark stripes, one that looks a lot like her mom, including a big white dot in the middle of her back! Guessing on gender, haven’t looked yet. I’ll be up till she pushes out the rest of the babies.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Looks like labor has stopped, just three. As soon as I wrote that, she started panting, so I may find more in the morning, but I can’t stay up any more. I’ll just keep a close eye on her to see if maybe one is stuck/ or if she’s just faking me out. Three seems small considering how big she was, she still is bigger than I’d expect after giving birth, but hey. Second time, I can’t expect her to be pre pregnancy size that fast! It would be so much easier to listen closely if my husband wasn’t snoring right beside me.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
We get loads of tiny roads too. Usually we will end up with one big toad that stays on the porch to catch bugs when the porch light is on. Last years was very large!
I would love to have a resident toad, I even bought a toad house in the past but they just seem to want to come and go

Ask a Question