Whatcha doing today?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I’d give you one! We get several that hang out close to the porch lights, and there will be a big one there every year.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
got the falls running today gotta figure out how to put a vid up
20180325_161832.jpg
20180325_161840.jpg
20180325_192709.jpg

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
3 days home....back to rat house in FL to meet the real estate rep Not the daughter. . He flew in from AZ, we drove down no flights with the way the storm messed up flights.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Get er done @addy1
Hope all goes well w/the meeting. That place is gonna cost some bucks to be put back right again!
We are already up to 7000 just in some of the damages, travel, people we had to hire etc............. good tax write off!

But it appears, if there is money, the rep says we will be made whole. In three hours him and his brother, honey and I had all her stuff out of the house and on its way via a trailer to where ever.

We have a ton more to do, rats are still running in the walls, they make a whole lot of noise, the end is not in sight yet!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yikes on the damages and Yuck on rats in the walls! Glad you were able to get all the junk out fast.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I’m glad it’s going so fast, with out others trying to claim your stuff as hers. As for the rats, I have a few cats you can have!!! Lol. But on a serious note, maybe one of the neighbors will adopt a few semi feral cats to keep rats down outside. There are programs where feral cats are fixed, given shots, etc, and adopted out for free. All the care taker has to do is keep them fed a bit, and take them to the vet as needed. It would keep the rats down if that area is prone to them.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I'm on lunch break, daydreaming about my garden projects and beautiful flowers everywhere
I love Spring!!!!!
smbeautiful.gif

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I'm trying to stop the ugly head of Diverticulitis by drinking only water and broth for days. This is my 3rd day and I think I am ready for some scrambled eggs a bit later as I am starving and feel better. This plan has worked before for me :happy:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
@j.w my sister found that the same "treatment" worked for her. She would make her own broth to get as much good stuff in it as she could - lots of vegetables, including potato peelings (good source of potassium) and beets. She also found that a good probiotic has helped her over the years to avoid infections.

Good luck to you!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@Lisak1 I take probiotics too every morning. Your sister must make the broth ahead of time and freeze it cuz when I get an attack I am in no mood to make it then. One does tend to lose weight using this procedure which is a plus :smuggrin:
I need to eat more fiber to keep this monster away. Apples are good fiber and flax but add them slowly or it could create the problem again if I add too much at a time.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
getting estimates for 4 tree's dropped. pia.

yesterday had one guy scheduled for 2pm. called me at 4pm and said he's 15 min late. I reminded him that the appt was 2pm and its now 2hrs later and just now calling me to say another 15 mins. he said yes 2pm i'll be there about 2:20 pm . um its 4pm i waited 2hrs for you never mind. was told " thank you for wasting my time"

I wish these 4 trees where in spots i could do myself

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Your sister must make the broth ahead of time and freeze it cuz when I get an attack I am in no mood to make it then.

She does! She drinks her special broth on a regular basis. We all call it her "poo juice". And she makes sure to keep her diet high in fiber, as you mentioned. Oddly, her first doctor told her to ELIMINATE fiber! Worst advice ever! She had been miserable with diverticulitis so many times over the years. And hers would only happen when she was least able to be down for the count - plus stress seemed to trigger it, so anytime something big was happening she was miserable. She hasn't had an attack in quite a few years by being very careful with her diet. She has lately gotten into fermented foods for additional gut bacteria. All the antibiotics over the years just killed off all the good stuff in her insides, so she's a bacteria nut now!

Ask a Question