Whatcha doing today?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
@JamieB around here now it is hard to find kittens and puppies anymore. Everyone has spayed and neutered them all. I think the only place now to find them is at shelters where they get a hefty price for them. Your friends are lucky to get them for free.
I need to get all the girls fixed. We have too many cats. And yet another stray, some orange tom showed up, so yet another cat to rehome. I’d be happy with just three full time out side cats, plus my two boy cats, and two inside, plus however long my roommate is here with her cats. If I can get down to that, I then will have to fight not to adopt any more little lost kittens, poor abused strays dropped off, and my urge to adopt more. At least till the three out door hunters die off, ones really old, two are half feral. Then I’ll adopt some from the shelter kill list, the ugly, not nice kind, feral, or just not friendly.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Jamie, I struggle all the time to not get more cats that need a good home. But our 4 indoor spayed girl cats are all we can have. Good for you being so kind hearted!
Barb

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Finally a weekend warm enough to work outdoor!
smyes.gif

Today we're putting up the temporary greenhouse and free the house of all these pots I've had laying around for the last 3-4 months
While the boys help dad (must work if they want pizza tonight) with putting up the greenhouse, I have to catch up on my pruning
What are you guys doing this weekend?
smpopcorn.gif

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
@HARO - just saw your post about your son. Hoping for good results and better days ahead.

We're in the beginning stages of a major home remodel. I'm considering moving out and letting my husband handle the mess. (And by "out" I mean "outside" - I'll pitch a tent by the pond, because we all know I'm not going far from my favorite spot in the world!) We're meeting yet another kitchen designer today - sooooo many decisions!

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
@HARO - just saw your post about your son. Hoping for good results and better days ahead.
Thank you, @Lisak1, and everyone else who commented. He had his first round of chemo on Tuesday, and felt like h**l for three days. (They sent him home with a bottle attached, to be removed on Thursday.) He's feeling almost normal again! And I get a week off from running him to appointments.
John

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I've been rocking out for days now! Finally getting around to placing all those rocks I brought home in 2015 from Arizona that @addy1 gave me from the house down there they were selling. She had neat rocks everywhere. Some were beautiful big ones but no room for those in our truck and camper. We stuffed as many as we could in the back seat of the truck and in the camper in the side storage areas and even in the coat closet and under the sink. The ones below are only a portion of what we received! Then I found more on my way home! It's amazing how there is always room for one more rock!

upload_2018-4-21_9-27-49.jpeg

Look @addy1 it's the brown and white dog rock below! Sorry it was too big for you or us to take.

upload_2018-4-21_9-33-37.jpeg

upload_2018-4-21_9-24-30.jpeg

upload_2018-4-21_9-25-1.jpeg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Totally not pond related but it is what I'm doing today... I'm proctoring my student's mechanical ventilation final exam! After this, I get the pleasure of grading them all! :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
not a dam thing. after moving my brother from Nj to SC then getting trees cut down and split and stacked 5 trees = 3 cords of wood and then help my brother move again the stuff that wouldnt fit the first time. beers and bad tv is my plan
20180503_181603.jpg
20180503_181659.jpg
20180504_110900.jpg
20180504_110901.jpg
20180504_122143.jpg
20180504_122145.jpg
20180504_144328.jpg
20180506_164110.jpg

Last edited:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
mowed front yard and back yard and half the edging done ,grocery shopped ,got gas and baking a whole chicken for dinner and took trash away and made hubby lunch earlier and hung laundry out and loaded and unloaded dishwasher .Have to finish the lawn when it cools off .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Planted 7 trees. I couldn't pass up clearance trees at 5.25 to 6.25 each for trees that are 5 to 6 feet tall. 2 nectarines, 3 red maples, an Ash, and a weeping willow.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I am waiting for our place to clearance out the fruit trees .I also want a meyer lemon tree .I love my fruit trees ,while I am mowing I can eat straight from the tree .YUMMY

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Going w/friend to a mini horse farm and possibly some garden nurseries. I think she really wants a mini horse but not sure if she will make the move. She has two regular horses and a donkey now and a zoo of all kinds of other animals.
All I want is a Monkey Puzzle tree but that might be for another day! The trees grow wild south-central Chile and south-western Argentina.

One well-remembered aspect of these trees was the superstition surrounding them. Some parents actually told their children to be quiet as they passed the tree, various reasons being that they would have bad luck or lose something, or in some cases even grow a monkey’s tail! This led those children who actually wanted a monkey’s tail to shout out as they passed by the trees.

upload_2018-5-9_7-40-45.jpeg

You have to buy them when they are very small or they won't live.

upload_2018-5-9_7-47-57.jpeg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
@j.w You're so lucky! I wish I had that friend with all the animals!
snjumpingwithhearts.gif

Ask a Question