Whatcha doing today?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
with help of my wife. well i may have twisted her arm took about 6 hrs we found some semblance of a 2 car garage.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
My son went on carports plus to design what he wants 1 1/2 car metal with slab and side door for 4 thousand dollars installed .He wanted metal because of the bees here that bore into the wood .Also extra wind bracing and electric garage door

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
We had thunderstorms last night so I got up to a pond 90% drained! The oak tree catkins blocked the weir from the bog and it overflowed. I was going to pump the pond down this week to catch the excess fish but it got done early. No way to spend Mothers Day!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Filling my pond back up as it went down several inches due to me not emptying the fines filter basket that was too close to the edge and spewed water out over the rocks and outside the pond!

IMG_8598.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
clean out and found my garage yesterday. waitting for the rain to end so i can mow tomorrow or something. then working on odds and ends around the house from remodeling etc once i get my compressor fixed

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
hubbys tv is mounted and only took an hour and finally got time to take the feet off .Not sure why people say it is so hard to do .This is the 5 th tv I have mounted .Only thing is I never mount bigger tv's to 1 stud .This bracket came with it's own level how neat
100_3718.JPG
100_3710.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
You left the feet on?

One stud is fine for most TVs

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I had a bad idea. We have a big tractor tire that used to hold the compost pile, but is full of weeds now. Since my diy filter isn’t great, and I have a small pond liner I was given... maybe I’ll set up a small decorative pond closer to the house, smaller, easier to see, easier to filter, but still big enough for my fish and plants... just a thought right now. My first spot I thought of would be hard to get power to, but it would be very pretty there. I need to measure the tire, figure out volume, then calculate how many fish it could sustain with filtration, plants, etc. I’m thinking 3-4’ deep at the deepest, but with shelves for plants. This tractor tire is one of the big ones, I’m guessing 4-5’ across.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
5’ across, 4ft avg depth, might be good for breeding, qt, or raising small fish, but not big enough for all my fish. If Goldie’s require roughly 30 gal each, I’ve got over 10, plus the babies, however many survive, so it’d be a bit small. Might work to do selective breeding in, trying to cross my white one, a long tailed one, and the shubinkin. If I use existing pond water to jump start the cycle, I might have it ready to go in time for breeding next year, or the year after, depending on where I put it. Also not sure how old the shubinkin are, so may just start with them and the little white one, maybe a few of this years babies. Hmmmmm...when they take down the old tool shed, I might see if that land is suitable for a pond, it’d be clear of plants, so I could put in my iris, lilly, etc I want, but there’s a big oak nearby, and maybe plumbing. Hmmm, I’ll have to roll this idea around a while.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
It's raining, I'm not supposed to be here but hey...time is moving too slow for me today, figured GPF can help ease my boredom

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
We need rain. We didn’t get much of a spring, it’s like winter left and summer jumped in. So our typical spring rains didn’t happen. It’s going to be dry this year. I think I’ll put out as many containers as I can to catch any rain when we do get some.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
We got rain again last night. Somebody forgot to close the window in the spare bedroom so the room got flooded! Thats 2 days in a row with water problems. Today I decided to redo my window box bogs.

Ask a Question