Whatcha doing today?

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Driving to soccer games all weekend, cutting dying trees down, trimming branches and messing around with the various ponds. Redecked a customers pier yesterday,

Got to cool off in the main pond today replanting some things and getting my legs bit by one of the turtles. Tried to distract him with food but no apparently I am more tasty.

Added more plants to the juvenile terrapin pond, to try to get them comfortable in there. While inside this winter they would practically climb out of the tank, when I walked in the room. Once I moved them outside they became quite skittish, not really surprised. All 7 of them are starting to come around now when I feed them and sit there completely still for a bit.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Starting to process honey, watching it rain
I wouldn't think the bee's would have collected enough to be harvesting honey all ready I guess that's why they are called busy little bee

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I put 2 bright orange Sun inpatient in the pond, I really hope they'll do good there cause I love that color!
We relocated a bull frog today, I know, I know they gotta eat too.... but not my babies!
We are surrounded by rivers and wetland, they can eat there! I was so happy to see that my little Cave Dweller is still alive! I wish there was some way to keep bull frogs away!
snigua.gif

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
My mystery lillies flower bud is almost above the water line now! I’m hoping it blooms before I leave Thursday morning. I’d love to know what it is and get to enjoy it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Hung a couple tv's in the home bar and bought another wisteria to border the door that will go off the pond.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
My mystery lilly may be white or pale pink, can’t tell yet! My Cherokee is doing good, it’s definitely smaller.

Attachments

• 648624E5-4CB7-4FD9-9B74-E2BFB6E7DB04.jpeg
    648624E5-4CB7-4FD9-9B74-E2BFB6E7DB04.jpeg
    115.9 KB · Views: 91

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I wouldn't think the bee's would have collected enough to be harvesting honey all ready I guess that's why they are called busy little bee

Our main nectar flow is the black locust trees and tulip popular. The black locust bloomer earlier this year than last, then it rained for 9 days, wiped out the blooms. The tulip popular bloomed afterwards, still getting rain, but a bit less.

We have a intense nectar flow that lasts just 6 weeks, then we baby the bees until the next years flow.

Currently the hives have 3-4 honey supers on them, lots of drawn comb, filled with nectar that they are converting to honey. We can not harvest until the honey is capped, I.e. moisture content lowered from around 70% to 17%. ow the honey will ferment. The bees won't cap it until the moisture content is lowered.

We went through the supers and pulled frames that were totally capped, extracted it then put the frames back to be refilled.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
@JamieB And it’s no longer a mystery! Nice pink.
Still a bit of one, what kind is it? Best planting conditions? Depth? It’s obviously ok with deeper depth, but didn’t bloom till I moved it shallower. The pads are much larger than on the Cherokee, about the size of my hand with fingers spread. Where as the Cherokee has much smaller leaves. I’ll try moving the Cherokee to the pool after I protect it with some rocks, in the shallowest part. Maybe that one will grow bigger too.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I planted a few more Dahlias last night after work, if the weather holds, I might find places for my Caladiums tonight...it's hard to find shady areas where the bunnies and deer don't go.

So much work!...I think I should do what @GBBUDD did and reward myself with a few new koi
smlaughing2.gif

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Bought some small fantails 3-4 inches for my hot tub pond. Calico, one all white, two with red heads. 3 bucks a piece. Went back to the fish hatchery. They are happily swimming, need to watch for mr heron, no net currently.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Well, it’s that time of year. I’ll be off line mostly for the next two weeks and change, Off to camp hades, where the weather try’s to boil us alive! But I’ll try to gather seeds from the Indian paint brush, and any other pretty flower I find! I’ll get lots of pictures, and share when the internet and phone signal allows!

Ask a Question