addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Pruning some out of control trees and plants and placing rocks in garden beds.
Come groom our out of control weeds, trees, vines. All this rain things are growing on steroids.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Learned something today................I always knew heat hit me hard. My watch keeps track of my pulse rate. Well until around 1pm my pulse was just fine 80 to 100. We were loading the branches from the huge apple tree onto my tractor, hauling them down to the woods, dump do again. Lots of walking lifting etc. Temperature in the mid 80's, humid wet sweaty sun out. Our neighbors nephew cut the tree up.

Around 1pm the temp climbed to 92 heat index 108. I was not monitoring the temps, just knew it was hotter. We kept going limbs everywhere, well per my watch my pulse rate went from around 100 to 146 high of 167 (after the fact I saw this), way to high! Now I know why I feel miserable and almost collapse when it gets really hot. Back to behaving, in the house when the heat hits.

We were inhaling water. When I dumped the last road, clothes off in a cold shower, started feeling better soon after.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
were you drinking water as fluids are needed because you sweat so much .I learned thast the hard way also .Keep hydrating in heat

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
were you drinking water as fluids are needed because you sweat so much .I learned thast the hard way also .Keep hydrating in heat
We were inhaling water a lot of water.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
But as you get older heat and cold effects the body differently.Not saying we are really that old but I noticed it when I turned 50

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
well went out today with all intentions of cleaning the old filter a little but looked and I think I saw baby fish so going to wait until I have more time to do that and catch them .,

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
But as you get older heat and cold effects the body differently.Not saying we are really that old but I noticed it when I turned 50
I have never handled heat well. Usually hide from it. Much prefer cold weather 60-70 and I one happy person. Been outside at 50 in shorts totally happy. Never put shoes on unless there is a lot of snow on the ground. Good old flip flops.

We have a window type ac in the bedroom running full blast and a huge fan..............aww perfect!

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Back from vacation and happy to see the weather didn't trash anything. Kitty sitter did a great job and both ponds full and running fine. Veggie plants loaded as are blueberry bushes so after getting unpacked and laundry done, it will be dealing with weeds and fruit and veggies all weekend.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
It is amazing how our tolerance for heat and cold changes as we age. My mom is nearly 80 and keeps her thermostat set to match her age - haha! And even at that temp she's complaining how cold it is and dressed like she's going to the Arctic while we are all dripping sweat.

But I hear you @addy1 - I think some of us naturally tolerate heat better than others. Maybe something to do with our DNA and where we "come from".

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
scored big today again and bonus meant 2 ponders at lowes in riedsville nc.Iwas just happy I meant them and happy we got to talk for a few minutes .How great was my day paid 25 dollars brand new air fryer and it works great and doggie sqeekies 25 cents(bought20) a piece and then led pillar candles 50 cents a piece and got 6 of them and they come on automatic .I am a happy person right now Addy 60's and 70's and bare feet all the time and I am happy also .Must be the farm girl in us ;):LOL::ROFLMAO:
100_4531.JPG
100_4529.JPG
100_4538.JPG
100_4541.JPG
100_4532.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
@addy1 I'm like you, I don't tolerate heat, never could even as a child.

Today is "cook day"! I'm making a bunch of meatballs and meatsauce to put in the freezer and have ready those days I work late and don't feel like cooking.
smcooking.gif
then it's outside tending the garden and pond. I'm trimming all my trailers and starting new hanging pots with the cuttings, they will take a bit to root, but will be full and beautiful later in the season when most plants will begin to slow down and dry out
smplantflower.gif

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
@addy1 I'm like you, I don't tolerate heat, never could even as a child.
I had horrible sun stroke when a kid, from what I can remember. Over the years I have been told you never can handle heat after that.
But I think it is just me. I have never like temperatures over 80 and I lived in Phoenix for many years...................

My mom never let dad heat the house until it was in the 50's. Her comment if you are cold put on a sweater.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Addy 60's and 70's and bare feet all the time and I am happy also .Must be the farm girl in us ;):LOL::ROFLMAO:
Honey is always griping at me to put on shoes. I wear them outside, mainly to save my feet from the rocks stickers and darn ticks. In the house, bare feet anywhere else minimal shoes.

Ask a Question