sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I got her in 2005 along with her mate uncle bert and her name is aunt aggie .She is a handful and she can get mad at the slightest thing I do wrong .If she is not mad at me she comes right to me to be fed or just petted .She likes to show off for company also

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I'm finding dead birds this week in my yard. Thinking I will take the one I found in the morning to the wildlife centre, seems strange.:( The one I found today is off a Robin that was all ways hanging around. Did not get the yellow jacket nest, as my neighbor said she will drop over a bee suit, so ill wait.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I got her in 2005 along with her mate uncle bert and her name is aunt aggie .She is a handful and she can get mad at the slightest thing I do wrong .If she is not mad at me she comes right to me to be fed or just petted .She likes to show off for company also
That's too funny, a diva fish as it were. Do you feed her treats, she sounds like you love and spoil her rotten.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I have found my zen, my new way to let go the stress of work, and pull my shoulders down from around my ears. I was so upset at work today, not enough sleep, fixing problems as they popped up, rude customers, it was a rough day. So after a nap to let the sun go down, here I am in the pond. My fish were happy to nibble me till I fed them, I’ve got a lovely new bloom, all creamy yellow. Lots of new buds coming up too! But waters a bit warm, I’m adding nice cool well water to bring the temps under 90. Just a few inches for now so I don’t drown my blooms, but I’m sure my fish will enjoy cooling off a bit!

Attachments

• 04E24908-AA30-456C-AB61-ABEA29F449AF.jpeg
    04E24908-AA30-456C-AB61-ABEA29F449AF.jpeg
    99.6 KB · Views: 111
  • 51CC4DA8-B89E-4AD5-A259-A3B56FC21973.jpeg
    51CC4DA8-B89E-4AD5-A259-A3B56FC21973.jpeg
    87.3 KB · Views: 107
  • 2EA33E7C-29E9-4F53-A297-376DA640AB39.jpeg
    2EA33E7C-29E9-4F53-A297-376DA640AB39.jpeg
    161.6 KB · Views: 114
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Your pond is lovely, I do like that yellow color, what type of water lillie is it.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I'm too tired to type even. After a 2 hour bike ride I had to fix another area where the racoon got in the pond again. He bent the short wire fence down that is connected to the net, tore the net but didn't do much messing up in the pond thankfully. I added more of the taller wire fence around the area he got into. Then on to ripping and sawing out Lilac trees that were taking over an area by the green house. I died after that and will see if I can make a comeback or not. At least it was only in the mid 70's today and I didn't have time to throw more mulch. Maybe tomorrow if I revive!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Your pond is lovely, I do like that yellow color, what type of water lillie is it.
Mystery for now! I got all the lillies mixed up, some Addy sent, two I got, and several my sister gave me. I know the pink one was from a lady I helped, still waiting on my other to bud and bloom, I’ll just keep some of each and go crazy with lillies! Oddly, not much scent to this one. The white and pink both have a much stronger sweeter scent.

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
We had some friends over for crabs yesterday, in the rain. Fortunately, we have a covered deck on the back of the house, so we still ate them outside. Even had the power flickering a few times.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We picked some crabs bodies we had froze put the crab meat with onions and peppers and had a feast!

Watched it rain.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Mystery for now! I got all the lillies mixed up, some Addy sent, two I got, and several my sister gave me. I know the pink one was from a lady I helped, still waiting on my other to bud and bloom, I’ll just keep some of each and go crazy with lillies! Oddly, not much scent to this one. The white and pink both have a much stronger sweeter scent.
Thanks. I was late getting plants in, so I only have lillie pads, just a few. For now I just look at everyone's. I think I next year I will get a yellow.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Well...............today...............grooming a tree, sort of.

We got 3 inches of rain yesterday. More rain coming today and all week. We are moving the truck. It is broken down right now. We think fuel pump. Need to tow it to safety.

Our old apple tree split and fell, a huge trunk and branches. Luckily it missed my tractor shed and tractor, luckily the other huge trunk and branches did not fall, it would have crushed our Yukon.
Luckily it just hit grass.

The shed is the brown behind the limbs
IMG_2894.JPG

the trunk to the left
IMG_2895.JPG

Down part to the right other huge trunk to the left, if it had fallen it would have wiped out our truck
IMG_2896.JPG

the downed part
IMG_2897.JPG

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Waiting for rain ,where are you and when will you come visit me .JW you are not getting any younger you better slow down a little and sorry to here about the raccoon .Yes aggie and bert are spoiled and they love my strawberries and blueberries and raspberries I have planted here .They love cherries also .They get natural treats

Ask a Question